Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:17am
quote:
Originally posted by Jody

usedcarsalesman, I would like to clarify my last post. I've never seen a hybrid pick up or drop off at the Circuit City lot in Springfield. So when they start charging tolls on the HOV lanes and hybrids need to pick up riders to avoid paying it, I'm going to remember all the years they didn't pick up at my destinations and not ride with them.

There are a few Hybrids (Ford Escape, Toyota Prius, Toyota Highlander, Honda Civic, and others) that pick up from Pentagon to Horner or vice versa.

And to them, I extend a humble thanks.
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 12:54am
quote:
Originally posted by SlugsB1tch2Much

Yes the exemption will pass and continue to pass. I remember when these drivers got their hopes up way back in 2005 that hybrids on the HOV would be no more--nonsense.

Yes, because the SOV Hybrid drivers will bitch too much about losing their privelidge. It's not our fault they bought the hybrid with the [mis]understanding that they will be allowed in the HOV lanes forever. Afterall, the salesman/dealers were advertising they could use the HOV lanes but didn't give all of the details, now did they?

Let's face it, hybrids are a good idea and with the exception of the first generation Insight and Prius, they can ALL comfortably accomidate three adults.
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 12:03pm
And hybrids won't be going away any time soon, so everyone ought to just get used to it. See the article below from Dr. DGridlock in a recent Washington Post.

Hybrids stay in HOV lanes
They never listen to me.

Virginia legislators and the governor have once again extended the provision that allows hybrid vehicles, even with solo drivers, to use the carpool lanes in Northern Virginia. It is now set to expire July 1, 2011. (They'll extend it again next year.)

This supposedly temporary measure dates back to the days when governments wanted to encourage the purchase of hybrid vehicles. If people bought the more efficient cars, they could get a faster trip to and from work by using the HOV lanes.

But the need for an incentive to buy hybrids disappeared long ago, along with low gas prices. The pollution coming from three hybrids with solo drivers in the HOV-3 lanes of I-95 can top that of one SUV carrying three people. Plus, the unrestricted use of hybrids contributes to congestion in the HOV lanes and decreases the incentive to carpool.

Del. Thomas A. "Tag" Greason (R-Loudoun) sponsored the one-year extension approved by the General Assembly and signed by Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R).

The rules
Hybrid vehicles with the required clean-fuel license plates can continue to use the I-95/395, I-66 and Dulles Toll Road HOV through June 30, 2011.

Only hybrids with clean-fuel plates issued before July 1, 2006, can use the I-95/395 HOV lanes during rush hours. All hybrids with clean-fuel plates can use all other HOV lanes in Virginia during HOV hours, including I-66 and the Dulles Toll Road.

For a hybrid to use Virginia's HOV lanes during rush hours, the vehicle must have a clean special-fuel plate issued by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles. Not all hybrids qualify for clean-fuel plates. Check the DMV Web site for an updated list of eligible hybrids.

By Robert Thomson | March 18, 2010; 11:28 AM ET

HOVME
HOVME View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOVME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 7:29pm
The Virginia General Assembly today passed the extension allowing single occupancy hybrids to continue to use the HOV lanes through June 30, 2012.

HOVME
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic