Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Do Not Ride With List"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2006 at 10:58pm
More righteous??? What's that supposed to mean?

This thread is for people to vent. Period.

Don't like the ride, pass it up. Don't like the passenger, pass them up. Period.

There's no point in trying to resolve the rantings of those who feel aggrieved by whatever irked them in some specific moment of time - too many variables are in play. Too many people take this stuff way too seriously.

Bottom line: You slug - you take your chances.
slugdriverandslugrider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugdriverandslugrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 8:07am
quote:
Originally posted by DC2RV
[br]More righteous??? What's that supposed to mean?

more ( P ) Pronunciation Key (môr, mr)
adj. Comparative of many., much.

Greater in number: a hall with more seats.
Greater in size, amount, extent, or degree: more land; more support.
Additional; extra: She needs some more time.

righteous

adj 1: characterized by or proceeding from accepted standards of morality or justice; "the...prayer of a righteous man availeth much"- James 5:16 [ant: unrighteous] 2: morally justified; "righteous indignation"

i.e., more just.

(Don't get caught up in morality... it also says justice.)

quote:

There's no point in trying to resolve the rantings of those who feel aggrieved by whatever irked them in some specific moment of time - too many variables are in play.

Yeah, don't ever try to resolve anything... that's a good idea... works well.

quote:

Too many people take this stuff way too seriously.

Are you serious??? People are describing incidents where their lives were in danger!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 8:43am
So sd&sr, you intend to solve that here, in this forum? ...by registering riders and drivers? ...by publishing a book of rules? ...by logging complaints and linking them to registrants? ...by acting as a morality judge? And then what? Would you issue citations? Would you turn them in to the Police?

Two observations: 1.) what you propose contradicts the very nature of this forum and of slugging in general. It's annonymous and voluntary by nature. The system self-polices itself. You can't change that, and if you try, you you may injure or ruin the slugging system as it is (which, by the way, works just fine, thank you very much, so please don't mess with a good thing!). 2.) you cannot legislate behaviour when participation is voluntary. Those who choose not to participate, like me, will simply ignore you, begining now!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugdriverandslugrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 9:06am
Will you hold your breath until you are blue as well wittle rayray?

What a baby. Live free or die man... peace baby...

OK hipster, try to come out of your haze.

Many people have barked about reasons that ideas presented in this forum will not work yet proffer no ideas of their own. You just sit passively by and bitch and moan about various things that you see as problems with no action or proposed action.

Oh, and it's 'anonymous', only one 'you', 'behavior', and 'beginning'
(Ignore me Ray, not grammar)
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 9:21am
Wow, sd&sr is a former English teacher! Now I know where the authoritarian bent comes from.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugdriverandslugrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 10:12am
lol - you're all right Ray ! Combined with your fairness in brining my Issues AND Solutions to the top,I have rescinded detention for you.

N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 11:09am
You know, there was this guy who walked the Earth a couple thousand years ago who lived for others, thought about them above his own comfort and survival. Sure he got trampled on for it, but he pretty much rocked the world by being a servant to all mankind.

IF we chose to emulate his mannerisms, character and attributes in our daily lives, we'd achieve what some would try to mandate through rules, regulations and ordinances. I've only seen human nature rail at all the guidance once can publish because we're all "lawyers" at heart and are on a never-ceasing quest to find the one loophole (at least) that exists in any manmade system.

sdsr, I still have an open mind about what you're trying to do, but I have this pessimistic bent that says regulating a successful grassroots activity is akin to polishing the struts on my car...lots of activity & effort for very little productive return on your investment.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181920
  Share Topic