Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What was Said at the Transportation THM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What was Said at the Transportation THM
    Posted: 21 Feb 2006 at 10:50pm
Kaine: We need to raise REVENUE to pay for transportation. I propose increasing the revenue we get from insurance; increasing the new car sales fees to be on-line with the 5% sales tax we pay elsewhere (full sales increased on top of the car tax), higher registration fees, and higher fines and fees from habitual offenders and reckless drivers.

Kaine: I will lock up the transportation trust fund.

Opens to Questions:

Blah, blah, blah . . ..

Lady in front asked HOT question: What will you do about protecting the HOV?

Kaine: Talks about how car-pooling is important.

Other Questions: Blah, blah, blah . . ..

Kid: I am from Hylton (or some other) High School and want to know if you really plan to raise taxes rather than cut other programs. My mom is a teacher and we need the money.

Kaine: Yes! Must -- RAISES -- REVENUE (almost said the T word).

Man in front with Red Hair: Governor. Thank you for being here. I think that you were asked a question earlier tonight regarding the HOV community. The Virginia Department of Transportation says that over 35,000 people use the 95/395 HOV every day. But rather than question if you answered the previous question, I would (turns to audience) ask this. Applaud if you ever used the HOV!

RESOUNDING APPLAUSE.

If you think you want HOT, the TOLL ROAD, stand up.

No one moves, then, NO! NO! NO H-O-T is heard from every corner.

Man with Red hair held up a hand to quell the crowd.

The road from Richmond to Washington goes through the middle of Prince William County and the HEART of that road is the HOV. If you want to travel from Richmond to Washington, you need to protect the HOV.

Kaine: Yes. We need to protect the HOV.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2006 at 8:27am
I saw "the red-haired guy" at the 234 lot yesterday!

Suzan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic