Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWill FHA nix VA law extension on hybrids?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2006 at 12:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by mikester
[br]You'd prefer a more taxpayer funded private highway for hybrid owners. If I owned one, I'd want that too. I guess I can't blame you for being selfish. Even if you try to veil it under enviromentalism.
Sooner or later the majority of vehicles will be some sort of alternative fuel or hybrids. That will make the exemption a mute point. Then we'll be in the same situation as we are now. But with that much more growth and people around. I think HOV should stay HOV3. I don't care what kinda fuel the machine uses. It seems like theres a bigger problem with congestion than air quality around here.

mikester - I posted this on another thread, but it answers your post.

A global crisis exists with dwindling fuel resources and global warming. The VERY BEST plan for the express lanes is to ban private vehicles; next best is to allow HOV hybrids along with public transportation vehicles.

The question is which is "better", conventional HOV (which does nothing to help with the major global problems when those vehicles are not being used for commuting) or SOV hybrids (which may be less efficient than some HOV conventional vehicles during commuting only, but are the clear choice when not being used for commuting). Throw into the mix that express lanes are still far faster and more free flowing than the regular lanes during commuting hours.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2006 at 3:50pm
I didn't realize private vehicles on HOV is responsible for global warming and the dwindling fuel resources on the entire world
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2006 at 7:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Baggett
[br]I've seen almost no coverage of any response from FHA concerning VDOT's response to FHA's concerns about HOV traffic and hybrids. I know there was a law going through congress that would let states ultimately decide the rules for HOV and that FHA was delaying any action against virginia (since VA is in violation of Federal regulations) until that Bill was passed (or not).

FHA has a VERY big stick. If that law was not passed in congress they can basically threaten to take away highway construction money.

Repeal the Julliette Lowe bill and return operating control of the Shirely corridor to people that live in the corridor. The people that drive the corridor.

Free the Shirley regular lanes. Recruit enough passengers so ALL lanes free flow.

Only slugs are recruiting slugs. Elected officials squash slugs. Appointed officials poach slugs into VRE and METRO.

dickboyd@aol.com
VA_Hybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Hybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 10:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by mikester
[br]HOV-CF, that sounds like hybrids picking up three people. Shouldn't they be doing that anyway?

How come you dont complain about the 50 yr old lady thar drives a freaking Ford Excursion, and only picks up 2 slugs? Specially when its hot and everybody on the line is sweating like bulldozers.?? Please explain your rationale..

http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/3600/signature.png
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic