Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'Enfant to 610/Stafford--Drivers Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'Enfant to 610/Stafford--Drivers Needed
    Posted: 14 Feb 2002 at 9:32am
Drivers are especially needed from L'Enfant to 610. (L'Enfant slug line is located on D Street in front of the GSA building, just before the ramp to the interstate.) There were 20 people in line yesterday, with only one car coming through between 4:00 - 4:45. The line appears to be picking up as far as slugs go, we just haven't been able to attract enough drivers. We have been fortunate that the cars that have been coming through, have been taking more than 3 to a car.

Please help get the word out to drivers that L'Enfant is a good alternative for those drivers going to 610. A lot of drivers have complimented how much quicker picking up from L'Enfant is, than having to go to the Pentagon.

610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2002 at 8:46am
Drivers are needed from L'Enfant to 610 between 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Slug line has been long the last few days with few drivers coming by. The L'Enfant to 610 slug line is located on the end corner of the GSA building on D Street across the street from L'Enfant Plaza Metro. Please pass the word that L'Enfant is a good alternative to picking up riders at the Pentagon. Thanks.

barbaramarkin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbaramarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2002 at 3:38pm
Is it still a problem getting rides from L'Enfant to 610 in the p.m.?

I have taken VRE for 2 years, but am considering slugging from 610 on Thurs/Fri. I would be at L'Enfant about 5:15 p.m. Thanks.

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 7:58am
I'm in the process of getting the L'Enfant to Route 17 revived after vacation season is over. Perhaps there can be some joint promotion between the two destinations? If there are 2 solid slug lines for both places, drivers are sure to come.

Kevin O.
610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2002 at 8:02am
I'll ask the other slugs as far as how late people wait there. I'm usually over there around 4:10, and there has been no problem getting a ride lately. Actually, I have never been stranded there since we started the line in September. But again, I go up there earlier. I've heard it's a little harder after 5 and a lot of the slugs go straight to the Pentagon. I'll let you know what I find out.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic