Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ROUTE 630 SLUG-LINE SAVES YOU TIME

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ROUTE 630 SLUG-LINE SAVES YOU TIME
    Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 7:17am
My 1st day at 630 went OK. I was at the Rt 630 Commuter Lot (stood by the bus stop) at about 6:10AM and was walking in to the Pentagon at 7:03am. I only waited about 5 minutes and was picked up by someone on their way to Reagan National Airport. Will let you know how it goes tonight. I'll be at the Pentagon Rt 630 pickup spot between 4:30 and 5PM. [:-)]

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 12:27pm
I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. I'll be at the 630 lot around 6:20am to catch a ride in to the Pentagon. Hopefully there will be some drivers show up there too.

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2002 at 10:19pm
Arbo,

630 is a newly formed slug line.... and we are working hard to get it established. I arrive there at 7am and have been lucky to find another couple that arrive there the same time I do - so we have been commuting together. Coming home from the Pentagon is not a problem - if you stand next to the 630 sign someone will pick you up - in fact recently cars have been waiting because they realize that many of us are trying to get the line active.

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2002 at 10:30am
When do drivers start picking up for the Pentagon in the AM?

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2002 at 9:59am
I cannot stress enough how nice it has been to be slugging from the ROUTE 630 commuter lot for the past two weeks. I have been successful every day to/from work and it has been saving me lots of time and aggravation. I know alot of people want to slug/drive from there but give up hope when they don't see someone there right off the bat. My suggestion would be to be patient at first until we get it going really well. Route 17 started off slow but now, thanks to the persistance of it's members, it is thriving. I believe Route 630 can be just as successful, if not more so due to its location. It is so easy to get in and out of and you don't have a ton of traffic to deal with. Persistance is the key to making this work. I know I had to start coming a little bit earlier so I could be patient and wait for a ride and that has worked really well. My boss is so happy that I am getting to work earlier!! We actually had a two-car line waiting for riders yesterday morning!! I also would suggest standing near the front of the lot where the cars can easily see you. I have stood there for up to half hour and still got a ride. Some of the drivers/riders who go to Route 610 have waited for up to an hour so I really don't think it is a big stretch to wait for at least 15 minutes at Route 630. I have posted some times of when drivers said they would be there but I would like to hear back from more of you who would be willing to give it a try. That way we can try to match up riders and drivers at least in the beginning to get it going good. I need to stress that for it to work we need both the riders and drivers to show up because then everyone will get frustrated and give up and that will defeat our purpose. I know that several of us have stuck to it and have had very succesful commutes. Getting home in the evening has been a breeze. I have gotten a ride almost as soon as I walk up!! Please give it a try. If you would like to contact me, my email address is tisa.shillingburg@hqda.army.mil. Hope to see you at Route 630 Ü

Tisa Shillingburg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic