Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMcQuigg signs on to HOT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McQuigg signs on to HOT
    Posted: 21 Mar 2006 at 4:02pm
Notwithsatnding Del. McQuigg's last minute campaign promise opposing HOT, during the just ended GA session she signed on to the HOT proposal for I-95/I-395. Just another example of politicians saying anything to get elected.
lakeridgeresident View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakeridgeresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 9:05am
Quite the contrary. I read McQuigg's Bill, listed as HB717. McQuigg ADDED a line to "prohibit conversion of HOV lanes designated as such prior to January 1, 2006, to HOT lanes." She was actually trying to help her constituants. The bill died in committee, unfortunately. You should really send her a thank-you note because she went the extra mile to help us out.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 10:29am
Did McQuigg actually argue the anti HOT case to the committee or was the bill just submitted and then ignored? I am interested in the process.
Haru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 5:23pm
Actually she assisted in having the bill killed in committee, she then signed onto a public-private(HOT)transportation document put forth by the pro HOT crowd (Neo-conservative Republicans) in the GA. She always wants to have it both ways and believes that the voters won't realize her manipulations of facts.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2006 at 6:57pm
Perhaps McQuigg has more constituents complaining about the congestion in the regular lanes than slugs trying to preserve their free rides with less traffic. HOT might help regular lane commuters unable to car pool because of either getting off before express lane exits, commuting only 1 way during HOV hours, or needing their vehicle while at work. For example, someone working at the Pentagon from 7 am to 6 pm wouldn't be able to take advantage of express lanes with HOV on the return trip, and be stuck in the mess. For a price, with HOT, that person could beat the traffic.
lakeridgeresident View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakeridgeresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2006 at 9:19am
Haru- where is this public-private transportation document? Please include a link or a reference.
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2006 at 2:46pm
"HOT might help regular lane commuters unable to car pool because of either getting off before express lane exits, commuting only 1 way during HOV hours, or needing their vehicle while at work. For example, someone working at the Pentagon from 7 am to 6 pm wouldn't be able to take advantage of express lanes with HOV on the return trip, and be stuck in the mess."

As I understand HOT, there will always be a toll 24-7, 7 days a week. Now the toll might be lower during certain hours than others, but there will always be a toll. I won't get into the discussion about whether they have figured out how to count 3 or more in a vehicle as I believe that horse has been well ridden in another thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic