Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

After 6pm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cparr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After 6pm
    Posted: 31 Mar 2006 at 5:18pm
Is it ever possible to find a ride home after 6pm? What do folks do who get off at 6pm? Not slug?

Thanks.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2006 at 8:32am
You can go to the P'gon near the HOV entrance ramp and take your chances. [:)] I hear some slugs have been lucky getting rides to certain lots after 6 PM from there. [:)]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2006 at 7:28am
It is usually possible, but don't leave the drivers guessing about your intent.

Make yourself a sign with lettering of sufficient size for a driver going 25mph to read, then put on a real pitiful look. Works everytime.

Really, I had the privilege of leaving work at 2 last Friday. By the time I walked out to the area sluDgE is recommending, it was 2:10. By 2:15 I had a ride southbound.

Works on the other side of 6pm too although I avoid that side of the clock like the plague.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2006 at 2:41pm
I have gotten lucky getting a ride after 6. There are kind people who swing by the pentagon and pickup the last desperate sluggers after 6 pm. There is a 7 o'clock Amtrak heading south. Some people catch some bus line going south. After that it's staying the night in the office....
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2006 at 10:19am
I leave work @ 6-630 and dont mind picking people up, but I go to Woodbridge so if thats your neck of the woods, email me. blk03cav@comcast.net
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 11:13am
Don't forget about the late buses from Omniride -- they all lift off from the Pentagon. And it is a good idea to register for the Guaranteed Ride Home program.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 11:34am
seriously, I dont mind picking people up (max of 3, im in a cavalier) on my way home. I go down penn, turn left on 14th, and if your on that way, or anywhere close, I will stop and get ya. All you gotta do is lemme know.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:01pm
That Guaranteed Ride Program is a joke. It sounds good but when you need it they wont pick you up
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:24pm
mikester,

You're the very first person I've seen make claim to that for GRH.

I've been commuting here since '98 and know people personally who have used it and have only had good things to say about it.

Gotta wonder what expectations you have for the program when I've only had one person say it doesn't meet their expectations.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:33pm
I was stranded late at work, about 7pm. Just after the last southern Amtrak. I called them, and the lady said "we don't deal with transit issues" and that was it. I expected a ride. Hence the name guaranteed ride home. That was my only experience with GRH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic