Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th and Constitution Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th and Constitution Question
    Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 7:30am
Out of curiousity - why do Bob's slugs feel compelled to create a separate line at 14th and Constitution?

Yesterday, I was 5th in line with 4 Rolling Valley slugs in front of me. The 6th person, going to Bob's, decides to create a separate line. He lines up parallel to the first person in the existing line, but stands between the existing line and the curb. Other Bob's slugs follow.

Granted, more cars come for Bob's than for Rolling Valley. However, some drivers will take the first 2 in line regardless of the destination. Or, some drivers will ask the first person where they're going, and then take 2 to that destination.

This 2nd line interferes with the options drivers have and puts Rolling Valley slugs at a disadvantage because they're not closest to the curb.

Comments? Answers?

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2006 at 7:33am
Over 100 reads and no answers...

I went to 14th and Constitution yesterday afternoon and asked a few of the Bob's slugs why they create a separate line.

"It evolved that way."

"It's easier."

Now that more Bob's slugs have become active on this board (due to the percieved loss of the Circuit City lot a few months ago), can you answer my original question?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2006 at 8:18am
When I pass by 14th and Con, I almost always see 2 lines.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2006 at 4:49pm
This is how I remember it coming about. Two lines started about 6-7 years ago. Because they were more drivers going to Bob's than Rolling Valley, the Rolling Valley riders were bunched at the front of the line (15-25 people ahead of the first rider for Bob's). As the drivers would pull up and call out Bob's, the Rolling Valley riders would wave them to on. (I witnessed this numerous times.) The riders for Bob's couldn't hear the destination and before they could step out of line to walk to the car, the driver not knowing where the 1st Bob's rider was in the line, would go to the back and pick up the lasts two people in line missing any number of riders for Bob's. The riders for Bob's kept asking the Rolling Valley people to call out and relay the destination back but, unfortunately they didn't. It was causing problems. One day a man asked all Bob's riders to take one step to the right and said "Now the drivers will know which line is going to Bob's or Rolling Valley." I get rides much quicker. It was a great solution.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 1:25pm
Thanks Jody. That's a perfect example of why the people in the slug lines need to cooperate and communicate for the benefit of all.

I've been in lines where the same thing has happened or where the first person didn't call out the destination because they were upset for having waited so long.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic