Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accidents, HOV, and Insurance..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accidents, HOV, and Insurance..
    Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 8:54am
Ok, I'm sure most of us got stuck at one point or another in the HOV mess this morning. AND I know this question has come up in the past-

so, quick question with hopefully a quick answer-

You are either a slug or a driver on HOV, get into a car accident, who's insurance covers who? Is the driver responsible for all three? Or are the slugs at their own risk, like an amusement park ride??

:'}
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 9:15am
The driver's insurance provides primary coverage to all passengers and for any liability with regard to other vehicles. If the owner has inadequate coverage a passenger's own insurance coverage may kick in if there is uninsured / underinsured insurance coverage.

I recently thought about getting an umbrella policy but asked for individual quotes on my auto and home owners / renters policy. It turned out that it was cheaper to go up on those two policies to $1 million than getting a $1 million dollar umbrella. Given the potential for considerable medical costs and physical damage claims in an accident, it makes a great deal of sense to get a sizeable insurance policy whether you slug or not.

Now I need two passengers to drive HOV, I do not take a third partly because of liability coverage.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 12:42pm
Yes, one of the worst aspects of HOT lanes that was never really kicked around that much is the impact they will have on us when there is an incident in the regular lanes. Wheras now we are relatively insulated from the reg lanes, in the future, our fate will be intimately linked with reg lane traffic.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2006 at 3:12pm
Bob, it pretty much is now. It doesnt matter what lane an "incident": IE: flat, accident, someone nose picking- North bound, South bound, HOV or not...everyone has to slow down and gawk. Oh well. Im glad I get too sleep most of the time!

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic