Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Petition receiving serious support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lmura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV Petition receiving serious support
    Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 11:09am
I am glad to see that so many are really interested in the idea of the Petition. As dkerley pointed out, I brought this up...so I should take the "bull by the horns" and get this started. Well, I don't mind, but I really do need a lot of help with this from all of you. It is clearly not a one-person accomplishment, and will take the various input of everyone in order that we may hurdle this issue. There are so many things that I was unaware of concerning the HOV lanes until I read some of the responses to my posting; I66 HOV evening time until 7pm, didn't take into consideration that the Springfield work would interfere with our getting home, etc. The one message I read indicated that we should be careful about how we word this petition, making sure that all the possible loopholes that are there, are squeezed tightly shut. I read a message regarding a petition site and form/format that someone mentioned the webmaster could display for all of us, and copies to be carried around for riders and drivers signatures. Also, I will try to get in touch with a transportation lobbyist in Washington to find out "Who the Big Who's" are to get in touch with regarding this petition so that it would at least have a fighting chance to get somewhere. There seems to be a great support of this website, and if a petition is set up here, it would probably fill up in a hurry. Also, we need to find out how many signatures, addresses, etc. we need to get the attention of the transportation guru's. Let's keep placing our ideas on this message board, perhaps using bullet points so that we can easily distinguish the various points we want to make on our growing petition.

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 11:56am
One more suggestion lmura, let's see if we can have the webmaster (or someone) close all but one of the discussions regarding the petition and this topic. It has been done with other topics, and will assure that all who are posting to this topic are posting to and reading from the same board. Basically, all of the information will be in one place.

emmancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 3:00pm
Please! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

THANK YOU!

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 3:11pm
Sorry to seem dense or stupid, .... but what petition are we talking about here????

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 3:17pm
Do not worry Arbo. We are talking about the issue of extending the HOV times to 6:30pm. Please refer to the "HOV extending hours" topic where you can see what we have discussed.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 3:19pm

Sorry the topic is under General Slugging topics and the title is "Extension of HOV to 6:30"

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 3:34pm
Or you can even go back to the original topic, where all this come from, General Slugging topics; "HOV" posted on September 4, 2002.

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2002 at 4:05pm
See, we need this discussion under one topic to avoid confusion.

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:37pm
Does anyone have any updates regarding the petition?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic