Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on slug etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2002 at 7:48am
Man I miss my Dodge Durango!!! Was rear ended by a teenage in a small car and she totaled hers and only scratched my bumper. I was at a stop light on 610 and she plowed into me. The state trooped could not believe that my car was the one involved in the crash. Alas, had to sell it, have a teenager of my own and needed to buy him a car so I sold it and bought a brand new camrey for me and corolla for him for the same price as the durango.

tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 3:02pm
The easy solution for this is if you recognize a driver that you know will take an extra person, then suggest it to others in front of you, you must understand that a lot of people seem to have the fear of opening their own mouth and asking the driver if they will take an extra person it is a simple yes or no question, this is called slugging and not VALET slugging and maybe it's just me but usually when that happens I myself automatically assume that, that person is asking for themselves and I don't take offense to it. So my suggestion is to ask for yourself all the driver can say is either YES or NO. Everyone stay safe and aware of your surroundings.

quote:

In my opinion there is one word for a person who gets into the car ahead of others just because he/she was the one who asked if the driver would take a third person, and that word is "rude." Because the slugging system has no official rules, there is always going to be a few who act selfishly and with inconsiderateness towards others. We individually make the choice to say something to the offender, or suck it up and grin and bear it. I personally prefer saying something. Sometimes the offender is simply ignorant of how their action impacts others - no excuse - but this is life. Just be aware that there may be people who think that it is OK simply because they were the one who asked.

TBell
tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 3:14pm
And in these troubled times you may get educated on some words you may not want to get educated on, in short it is not worth it to as I like to say "START BUMPING YOUR GUMS OFF" to people, you never know who you are dealing with out here and that ride is not worth the risk of coming across a situation you can't get out of, THINK before you speak. Everyone please be careful!

quote:

The ride should go to the next person in line. Like elama mentioned, there are, unfortunately, some very rude people out there who try to take advantage of the system. Therefore, I feel that it's everyone's responsibility to speak up when this, or any similar situation, occurs. The only way these activities can be stopped is if we stop and educate those who are doing them.

TBell
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic