Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A big thank you to all the drivers/slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A big thank you to all the drivers/slugs
    Posted: 04 May 2006 at 3:31pm
I have slugged off/on for the past 16 years to the Pentagon. I've finally had it with the traffic back/forth to work and moved myself to Arlington and near the metro. I still have a lot of years to work and don't want to spend a large chunk of my day sitting on 95.

So I just wanted to thank all the drivers I have ridden with over the past 16 years. And also want to thank all the riders I have picked up over the years. Slugging/people aren't perfect but when it works it works well.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 3:50pm
did you ever ride in a black 03 cavalier? :-)
savannahr1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 4:07pm
gosh i don't know i've ridden in so many cars over the years.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 4:21pm
just wondering if I ever picked anyone else up from this board. I know one lady for sure.
flatulentsluggerhugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 4:32pm
savannahr1,

Good for you on moving closer to work. I bought my place up here years ago even though I could of bought further out where it was cheaper and it was well worth buying closer in. You'll love not spending time on the road each day. You'll get home at a decent time with the sunlight. Won't have to worry about inclement weather and using your leave to take off because of it. You can make medical appointments early and not lose alot of leave because of the distance.

Don't know what time you usually got home but I bet you won't know what to do with the extra hour or two of free time now that you have it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! You did a great service by eliminating one more car from the traffic.

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 4:40pm
I have lived in springfield and alexandria, and LOVED the 20 minute drive home. Granted it now takes me 1-2 hours to get to woodbridge if leaving at 6pm but hey, the $20 saved on rent isnt worth the extra gas money. Woodbridge is cheap, but not THAT much cheaper.

When our lease is up, I am SOO moving closer to my job. Wherever that ends up being.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic