Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTaking Action - Hybrid Drivers off HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbeadner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2006 at 9:22am
NoSUV

Regarding your motorcycle question, I think you really need to compute something I call "People-Miles-Per-Gallon" in order to normalize all vehicles and compare them. I dont ride now, but used to, and my cycle got 55 MPG, so that would be 55 People-MPG. On the other hand I carpool now and carry 4 in my Honda Accord which gets 25 MPG worst...so thats 100 People MPG. Using a metric like that, the cycle is going to be better than most, if not all Hybrids, and better than an SUV carrying 3 people.

Thats why I believe cycles are included. They are fuel efficient in comparison to most other modes.

quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]tangelo - try listening to WTOP during your afternoon commute and notice how Bob M refers to the lanes as "express" not HOV. Have you notice how there are less on and off ramps on those reversible lanes? HOV came about after the lanes were built. Originally, they were for express traffic. The concept was that local traffic would be in the regular lanes, and the long haul in the express lanes.

Have you noticed that there is an exemption for motorcycles? Ever wonder what the reasoning behind that is?

Do you refuse to drive your SUV except when on the express lanes to to you travel to/from slug lines in it solo? Ever use that SUV to run errands?

You are way off the mark if you think your gas guzzling SUV makes you Green.

DB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic