Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnother type of hybrid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another type of hybrid
    Posted: 12 May 2006 at 8:21am
Folks like to call them flex fuel vehicles, but they are closer to the true meaning of the word hybrid.

Take a look at this article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12676374/

When smart people like this guy start getting behind something that makes so much more sense in so many veins than the current approaches to "hybrids", then we're close to achieving multiple objectives through integration of real answers in the marketplace.

This can (and probably will) be done without government incentives. Government's role is that of moving the whole system and putting a leash on big oil (that's the toughest nut in this equation).

I love this quote from the article: "And how much more does this new technology add to the sticker price? Not a dime."

THIS is the way for Ford and GM to ressurect themselves as viable alternatives in the marketplace of ideas and transportation. I'm a long time advocate of Toyota and even Honda to a lesser extent. I WILL reassess my selection of auto manufacturer if they can swing this whole system to ethanol. I WILL even have to rethink my budget to factor in the purchase of a new vehicle--THAT is a major swing in my thinking. Note the timeline possible from the article: 5 years.

So, get behind this as a true alternative to fossil fuels and attack many problems we currently face.

livegeeengoyellow.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
VA_Hybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Hybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 9:04pm
They still need fossil fuels to make the ethanol. How did u figure that this is a better example of what a hybrid is supposed to be? What is a hybrid in your own words?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic