Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

630 here I come!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 630 here I come!
    Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 6:21pm
I'm a regular 610 slug around 6:00 AM to Rosslyn but Thursday morning October 10 I have a 9:00 AM meeting in Greenbelt MD right off the Kenilworth Ave exit, so my plan is to pick up slugs at 630 for Rosslyn (or Pentagon or even C.C.) around 7:15 AM and then shoot up the GW Tpke to the Beltway etc. Any comments? Please don't advise me to pick up at my usual lot (610) because I intend this to be both an experiment to see how 630 works as well as an act in support of those trying to get the line going at 630.

TIA for any comments, flames, arguments, childish laments, vents, diatribes, trolls, smurf attacks, personal insults, general insults against 610 slugs, etc.

Mike

Edited by - mycroftt on 08 Oct 2002 18:24:38
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 8:21am
GREAT! Can you make it sooner? I'm usually there by 6:20AM.

WE NEED EARLY AM DRIVERS AT RT 630. I got there about 6:15AM this AM and we had a line of slugs there by 6:30 (at the bus stop), but no drivers. I waited for over 45 minutes then drove up to 610 (parked at the old abandonded gas station), where there were many cars but no riders. I told the couple I rode with about the 630 lot. We'll see what happens.

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 9:48am
Ways to Access 630 lot – it is more accessible than 610!

630 or Courthouse Road is more accessible than most people think! Most may think that the best way to get there is from I-95 or Route 1. Below list the many ways you can get to 630 (and all of them link to 610!).

1) Eustace Road (Autumn Ridge and other surrounding developments). Travel down Eustace Road heading away from 610. Eustace Road ends at Embry Mill Road, take a right. Embry Mill Road ends at 628 or Winding Creek Road, take left. Pass a middle school on the left and Winding Creek ends at 630 or Courthouse Road, take a left. Within two minutes the 630 commuter lot is on your right! (Total drive time 5-10 mins)
2) Parkway Blvd (Parkridge development). Take Parkway Blvd to the end. At the T-intersection make a left. From this point you have two options: 1- You can continue on this road till it ends, making a left onto 630; or 2- take a left onto 628 (Winding Creek Road) to making a left onto 630 (Courthouse Road). Another slug told me this takes him three minutes to get the 630 commuter lot!
3) 648 or Shelton Shop Road (past Parkridge, but before the Food Lion). 648 has two options: 1- Take 648 (Shelton Shop Rd) and turn left onto 628 (Winding Creek). Make a left onto 630 (Courthouse Road); or 2- Take 648 and turn left onto 630, Courthouse Road. (Total drive time 5-10 mins)
4) If you really hate 610, from Mine Road heading south from 610, turn right onto Northampton Blvd. Northampton Blvd runs into Eustace. Take a left onto Eustace and follow the directions listed under item 1.
5) Route 1heading south from 610, take a right onto 630 (by the Courthouse). Pass the McDonalds, pass the Amoco, pass I-95. After you pass I-95, the 630 commuter lot is on your left. So easy! No traffic lights or traffic! Total driving time: 1-2 minutes.
6) Heading South on I-95, take exit 140 (less than 3 miles south of exit 143b,610 – going 65/70mph takes only 2 mins). Take a right onto 630 (Courthouse Road) – NO LIGHTS OR TRAFFIC. The Commuter lot is on your left. (Total driving time: from the Pentagon 30-40 mins/ Total driving time departing the lot (from your parking space): 0 mins)

For all of the directions above you are avoiding traffic, lights, and the mess at 610. Try 630, you just may like it.

Drivers and Slugs needed!

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 9:50am
Arbo,

I'm sorry we missed you! We picked up a slug who waited 45 mins at 7am.

But don't give up hope! The line is picking up...

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 12:01pm
Hi Mycrofft!! Thanks for giving it a try. We appreciate your help.

Tisa Shillingburg
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 8:33am
Update:

I arrived at the 630 lot at 7:15am. There were slugs waiting for drivers. We picked up a rider and another car picked up two. Our rider saw the flyers at the Pentagon line coming home last night and decided to give 630 a ride.

630 is becoming more popular, so give it a try and spread the word.

For an informational flyer, please email me at korinek@rand.org or rachelkorinek@msn.com.

Drivers and Slugs Needed!

Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 8:42am
How about rides to and from Rosslyn from the 630 lot? Have your seen anyone out there calling for Rosslyn between 6:15 and 6:45 am? I haven't seen anyone in the Rosslyn line in the pm trying to get to the 630 lot, so I don't think I'd be able to get home from Rosslyn in the pm if I did get a ride to Rosslyn in the am.

Has anyone had any experiences with this that they care to share?

Patricia
Stafford/610
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 8:48am
Patricia,

You may want to talk to Mycroftt. I believe he usually drives to Rosslyn and prefers to leave about that time. I know he has driving from 610, but tried 630 out today.

Edited by - Matrix on 10 Oct 2002 08:50:55

Edited by - Matrix on 10 Oct 2002 10:28:24
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic