Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Actions being taken by the Stafford BOS on 610

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garypash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Actions being taken by the Stafford BOS on 610
    Posted: 08 Oct 2002 at 8:31pm
Moving of the slug lines over to the south 610 lot is being tried by various sluggers. I hope it works; we have talked the bus lines to have the last bus of the morning (7:15 am) go to the Southern lot to help get it off the ground.
Although creating a shuttle between the lots was considered, I was unable to get full support of the BOS, as some were unconvinced that it was an emergency situation. We are scheduled to consider the running of a FRED bus along the 610 corridor and tying a shuttle between the lots into it. This is supposed to be discussed at the next Board Meeting on 15 October, if you can get any e-mail to the various Supervisors it may be helpful.
In addition I had a meeting with VDOT at the North lot yesterday and they will be adjusting the traffic patterns in the lot to provide about 50 additional spaces. This should be completed in the next few weeks.

Stafford marketplace has begun work on thier parking lots and will also be starting work on their proffered changes to the Staffordborough and to the I-95 interchange onto 610. Once they are completed Staffordborough will be a four lane Rd with easier turning lanes for getting onto 610 and crossing to Mine Road. In addition the Interchange work will permit easier and safermovement to the South 610 lot.

In addition, the School Board is to vote to approve the concept of running a road from the North 610 lot to Doc Stone Rd. Once they approve that, VDOT will start environmental studies and engineering design to present the School Board for final approval. If all goes according to plan we will have a back way out of the North Commuter lot sometime next summer.

I will be having a Town Hall meeting October 28, 7pm at North Stafford High School. I hope you can attend.

GaryPash
gpash@co.stafford.va.us
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 3:42pm
Just curious,

Is anyone planning on attending the Town Hall Meeting tonight?
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 3:58pm
I plan on being there.
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 4:03pm
Where is North Stafford HS?
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 4:19pm
Go west on 610/Garrisonville Rd. It's on the left side of the Road between Park Way Blvd and Shelton Shop Rd.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2002 at 10:37am
Notes from the meeting (those that pertain to slugging/commuters).

At the townhall meeting last night, Gary Pash said they may have to discontinue the Mine Rd Lot/Staffordborough Lot shuttle if the ridership didn't increase.
It cost about $1-2K just for the 2 week trial, and the County can't afford to absorb those kind of expenditures.

Sidewalks(good idea, probably get them as part of the 610 expansion) and crosswalks (can'T do them across 610) were also mentioned. Pedestrian bridges/tunnels also mentioned, but too expensive (also, how secure/safe would you feel in a long, dark tunnel?).

Gary is pushing
- Staffordborough lot expansion (increase by about 250 slots)
- West side exit from that lot (over to Doc Stone road)
- Staffordborough Road expansion (as part of the 610/I95 interchange expansion). Hopefully that helps, but he admits they are all short term (3-5 year) solutions.

Plan on starting a Rt 610 bus route. More information to be available in a few weeks.

It was mentioned that they MAY be able to use school buses to do an early AM and PM bus commuter route along 610. BoS and School Board need to look in to that.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2002 at 1:02pm
Arbo,
Thanks for attending the meeting and taking notes for everyone. I'm sure everyone appreciates your input!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic