Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to start a Line at Shady Grove Metro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysonsfromgaithersburg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking to start a Line at Shady Grove Metro
    Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 1:24pm
I am from IL and have recently taken a job in Tysons Corner, Va. The traffic here is amazing 32 miles takes me up to one and a half hours sometimes. I pass by Shady Grove Metro everyday around 7 am and arrive at Tysons anytime after that, usually before 8 then I leave Tysons and return. If I could pick up a slug even just one way it would save a lot of time! I am new to this but would be open to any suggestions or comments on getting this started.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 6:15pm
Are you talking about HOV2 on 270? I'm not familiar with MD. Typically, slug lines form at bus stops where commuters are waiting for the bus. Have you studied the bus routes?
tysonsfromgaithersburg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tysonsfromgaithersburg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 8:08am
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]Are you talking about HOV2 on 270? I'm not familiar with MD. Typically, slug lines form at bus stops where commuters are waiting for the bus. Have you studied the bus routes?

Yes 270 south from Shady Grove Metro...
The HOV2 lanes are wide open and the metro station is for busses trains and park and ride...
I think that there is potential I drive 270 south and 495 to tysons and plenty of people are doing the same as me so.....
Hope we can organize something
jasonf44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonf44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 1:07pm
Will be taking the metro from Shady Grove to Dupont Circle everyday starting end of November...and am disgusted by the thought of paying $5 ONE WAY. If anyone's driving from Shady Grove to Dupont and wants to hit up some HOV action, you've got yourself a slug.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic