Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers needed for the 630 LOT AM TIME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers needed for the 630 LOT AM TIME
    Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 9:20am
He is talking about picking up slugs from the 610 DC line. It has happened to me also. When announcing a DC location with MANY people in line, it is sometimes amazing that NOONE will step forward. When asked where they are going, at times the destination they are looking for is only 2-4 blocks from the advertised location. And, taking the metro is out of the question. This can be a tad frustrating for a driver.

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 5:12pm
I think you're right Matrix. He is talking about dropping people off in the morning at their destinations. I wasn't sure what in the heck he was talking about since there was no discussion about that in this forum. I haven't heard from any people going anywhere but the Pentagon so I am still not sure what he is referring to.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 4:53pm
Yeah, that's what I thought at first but there was no earlier conversation about door-to-door service so I was confused by his statement. I do think that in light of the recent attacks that door-to-door service is not such a bad idea though. We should all be looking out for one another. Especially since our commuter lots are usually right off the interstate and us slugs are particularly at risk due to the fact that we sit out in the open and wait. Hopefully they will catch this nut and fast!!
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 4:51pm
So far, I think everyone from 630 slugs to the Pentagon. He must be confusing 630 to Mine Road?!?

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 4:40pm
I think he/she might mean once they get to the destination and some want front door service or something. That was the way I interpretted it.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 2:33pm
Curtis, what are you talking about walking two blocks? Are you referring to the Route 610 slug line at Mine Road? You do not have to walk very far at all at the Route 630 lot.
curtisdt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtisdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 1:56pm
Part of the problem may be that riders insist on going to their drop and won't walk a block or two. I'm not going to try 630 and sit there because a slug won't walk 2 blocks.

Don
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 10:25am
Hi Arbo!! I am still slugging from Route 630 but our group gets there around 8:00 a.m. We kind of have a slug buddies thing going on so we try to coordinate with each other what time we'll be there so we don't have to go it alone. I think that is the way to go at least in the beginning of a new slug line. We even have two drivers that are in our slug buddy group that call us and keep us informed. So far it has been really great and I have met some really nice people that way We still wait by the road when our regular drivers aren't there. I figure there are alot of people that come down Route 630, get on the interstate and pick-up slugs at 610. If they see us out there, they'll stop for us. We have a big neon poster board sign that helps too. Thanks for being patient and sticking with us, I know it will pay off in the long run.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 9:53am
We need drivers earlier than that also. Again this AM, there was a line of slugs at the Rt 630 Comutter Lot bus stop BEFORE 6:30AM. I was there at 6:15AM, and the first driver didn't arrive until about 6:45AM. (Which was actually at least 15 minutes earlier than yesterday).

shelbybrynn - what times do you get there? Are you still waiting out by the road?

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 9:30am
I will be driving from the 630 lot tomorrow. I usually arrive there at 7am and I know another driver will be there as well. Are any riders planning to be there and what time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic