Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI'm so happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2006 at 8:57am
One question and one question only to keep this little jabfest going:

Which results in less pollution during a given daily commute, 3 people riding solo to/from the commuter lot (let's say 5 miles each way--prob less than that for most), then riding in one conventional gas-burning vehicle for the trip to/from their place of work or other transit waypoint OR 3 people riding solo in their gas/elec hybrids for the entire RT to/from their place of abode and work?

I'll assume, maybe wrongly, that 3-in-1 results in less congestion than the 1-in-1 option; so, answer the question ON AVERAGE for the above framed inquiry.

Thanks for your insights, now get your calculators out and start cracking away at that one.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2006 at 9:19am
Wrong Rod. Sorry. There are no happy days ahead for HOV on 395. SOV hybrids are here to clog HOV forever. Feds gave up and left it to states. VA General Assembly doesn't listen to anything VDOT recommends and will undoubtedly extend solo hybrids again next year.

I believe I know who you are Rod. I think we have slugged together and discussed traffic problems. I welcome your participation here although it is just a place to vent frustrations. The General Assembly doesn't even listen to their own departments, what makes you think this forum has a chance? Respectfully submitted.

Oh. One more thing. I haven't been on this forum since the General Assembly officially screwed us, but after reading a few of the more recent posts, I see that people are still perpetuating the myth that the hybrid boom has something to do with the environment. Folks, its about riding solo(selfishness). Anyone really expecting to see a post-July 1, 2006 hybrid with three riders? Please. HYBRIDS KILLED HOV
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2006 at 10:20am
High-breds haven't killed HOV. It is still alive. And debating with NoSUV is wasteful of resources, like trying to teach a pig to sing.

The High-bred debate is a smokescreen obscuring the far more important issue of HOT. The high-breddies won't have an exemption in 14 months or so, and slugging will be an historical curiousity, because the State of VA has abdicated its responsibility for transportation management on I-95 to a Texas company and an Australian conglomerate.

You people worrying about high-breds need a frickin' reality check. And don't forget, motorcycles will be BANNED, that's right, BANNED from using the toll lanes at ALL times.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2006 at 10:41am
so what's happening in 14 months?
rodmunera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodmunera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2006 at 8:03pm
Ugh... pocket-book democracy makes me sick. (this is not a jab to anyone in particular)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic