Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BENEFITS OF ROUTE 630 SLUG-LINE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BENEFITS OF ROUTE 630 SLUG-LINE
    Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:01pm
Hello all!! I am back to tout the many benefits of using the Route 630 slug-line and to answer any questions people may have.

Benefits:
1. Location, Location, Location. Since so many of you out there come from Spotsy and Fredericksburg, it's very convenient and easy to get to (isn't that what commuting is supposed to be). The Route 630 commuter lot is right off of the "Stafford" exit 140. It is only 2.5 miles south of the Route 610 exit so even if you live there it may be a good location for you as well. There are no lights to deal with and the traffic is much less than the traffic you would encounter on Routes 610, 17, and 3. There are no back-ups getting in/out of the lots!!
2. Ample Parking. No threats of ticketing or towing. You don't have to drive around forever to find a space. It is probably the most peaceful lot there is. I used to park there when I took the bus for five years and I have never had anything stolen thereÜ
3. Ease of getting rides back in the evenings. I have found that drivers are more willing to take you back there in the evenings because they don't want to have to deal with 610 and the line is usually not as long!! We also have a designated sign for 630 at the Pentagon so it will be clear to the drivers where you would like to be dropped off.
4. There are two bus companies that go there. They are Quicks and Lee Coaches.

The only drawback is that we need DRIVERS in the a.m.!! So please pass the word along it give it a try!! I hope to see you there.
Jessie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:04pm
WOW, 630 sounds great!! I think I will give it a try!! It also seems that you and Matrix are far more pleasing to deal with than those folks at Mine Road. Count me in.
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:06pm
Thanks Jessie, you sound like a positive thinking person yourself!! Are you a driver or rider? What time do you usually depart for work in the a.m.? Hope to see you there!!
Jessie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:09pm
I usually drive but sometimes slug. I would be picking up between 7:30-7:45 a.m. I usually drop off at the Pentagon but sometimes I take people to L'Enfant. I try to be flexible.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:20pm
We also need EARLY drivers at 630. I understand its working for the 7:30AM crowd, but I (a slug and proud of it!) need to be in to work by 7:45. I'll be at the 630 lot by 6:15am (we actually had a line of slugs by 6:30 this AM, but no drivers until after 7). If it doesn't work, I'll have to go back to using 610 pretty quick.

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:27pm
You're absolutely right Arbo!! We need drivers at all times in the a.m.. That has been our biggest challenge since I think most of us who use this message board are slugs. If there are any of you out there that are willing to help us advertise to the drivers by passing out flyers to them in the commuter lots, please email me at tisa.shillingburg@hqda.army.mil. We need to be proactive and work together. Please don't give up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic