Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Plates - Getting Around Intent of Law

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 3:08pm
Thanks, raymond, for actually doing some research. Lots of conjecture from MSNBC and CarPoint. Did you see how it affects global warming?

You failed to note the below from the MSNBC article:

{“The number of failures has been really, really low,” says American Honda’s Juan Avilla. “We expect them to last the life of the vehicle.”

Toyota tells me that some of the original Prius models now have battery packs that have gone more than 300,000 miles.

BusinessWeek magazine reports that when the U.S. Department of Energy investigated hybrid batteries, it stopped its tests “when the capacity remained almost like new — after 160,000 miles.” }

Note: the MSNBC article is silent on materials, hazardous or otherwise, going to a landfill.

The CarPoint article appears to be from 2003, and clearly states that Toyota plans to recycle the batteries. Also, much of the information is from models never sold or marketed in the US, but in 1997 in Australia.

Also, the Toyota article appears to be about 2 years old - it would be nice of them to provide an update. Curious that although Toyota claims every part is recycled that you also require them to list every possibility where the batteries won't go: landfills, outer space, 3rd world contries, pet food...
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 4:00pm
"Conjecture?" Is that how you describe those who disagree with you? I would not be so quick to believe everything Toyota says, remember they want to sell hybrids, so they are going to paint a rosey picture. Wait, oh that's right, you work for Toyota! Now all your selective ignorance makes sense!

As I have stated time and time again, I am neutral on the subject of hybrids, its a free country, spend your money how you choose. But don't look through those eco-centric, rose colored glasses at me and tell me that I am wrong while you benefit from tax breaks, incentives and exemptions that represent the manipulation of a crooked system. I have the same freedom of choice, and I also have the right to freedom from persecution from the likes of you.

Your narrow-minded attitude betrays your selfish motives.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 11:19am
it must really bug you that I read the articles that you quoted and pointed out that you were guilty of many omissions in your write up. I really feel sorry that you have no concerns for the environment.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 12:12pm
"Sorry" is just one word that I would use to describe your lame attempts to manipulate the attitudes of readers in this forum.

Your buying habits don't bug me, neither does your opinions. But when you make derrogatory statements and falsely accuse others who disaggre with you, fail to justify your claims, and fall back on nobility as some sort of shield for your actions, it is insulting.

At least I did the research and developed my position based on recognized and peer-reveiwed sources. Next time do your own research!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 2:36pm
When facts fail, resort to personal attacks...

ahem.

Global warming? hmmmm, fact or fiction? follow the $$.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic