Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anywhere on 14th go to Rolling Valley?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anywhere on 14th go to Rolling Valley?
    Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 4:09pm
I'm still uncertain on this one. Please help.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 6:08pm
Yes.
Why don't you check the "Afternoon slug lines" tab on this site's Home page?
If you did, you'd see the following in an easier to read display:

14th and Constitution

( Votes:3, Rating: )
[ Read Comments:(2) | Rate this line]

Location: Washington, near the intersection of 14th Street and Constitution Avenue.

Driving Directions
Description: The location name is a little misleading because this line is not actually on the corner of 14th Street and Constitution. It is about 50 yards south of Constitution on the Washington Monument side of 14th Street and co-located with the bus stop on the sidewalk. Across the street to the east is the National Museum of American History.

Destinations: Springfield area.

Bob’s (or Chi Chi's)
Cardinal Forest
Rolling Valley
Daventry
Mobil Station
Huntsman & Sydenstricker
Best Hours: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
It starts forming just prior to 4:00 p.m. and last until about 6:00 p.m.

Drivers: Drivers can only pick up, heading south on 14th Street.

Parking: Meter parking and parking garages

Metro Station: Archives Navy Memorial, 2.5 blocks NE (Green and Yellow Lines) or L’Enfant Plaza 3.5 blocks SE (Blue, Green, Orange, and Yellow lines).

Metrobus routes serving the Archives Navy Memorial station:
13A, 13G (on Constitution Ave. west of 7th, on 7th St. south of Constitution);
13B, 13F, 30, 32, 34, 35, 36 (on Pennsylvania Ave. west of 7th);
54 (on Pennsylvania Ave.);
70, 71 (on 7th St.);
A11 (westbound on Pennsylvania Ave. -- 1 Saturday early AM trip);
A42, A46, A48 (on 10th St. south of Pennsylvania, on Pennsylvania Ave. between 10th and 7th -- non-rail only);
J11, J13 (on Pennsylvania Ave. -- non-rail only);
P1, P2, P6 (all eastbound on Pennsylvania Ave.; P1, P2 westbound on Constitution Ave.; P6 westbound on Pennsylvania Ave.);
P17, P19 (on Pennsylvania Ave. west of 7th, on 7th St. south of Pennsylvania);
V8 (on 9th St. north of Constitution, on Pennsylvania Ave. west of 7th, on 7th St. north of Constitution);
W13 (on Pennsylvania Ave. west of 7th, on 7th St. south of Pennsylvania);

Metrobus routes serving the L'Enfant station: 13A, 13B, 13F, 13G (on 7th St. north of Independence, on Independence Ave. west of 7th);
30, 32, 34, 35, 36 (on 7th St. north of Independence, on Independence Ave. east of 7th);
52, 54 (on D St. east of 7th);
70, 71 (on 7th St. between D and E; 70 also on D and E Sts. east of 7th) NOTE: 70 weekdays only at this station.;
A9 (AM on 7th St. north of D, PM on E St. east of 7th);
P17, P19 (on 7th St. north of Independence, on Independence Ave. east of 7th); V5 (on E St.); V7, V8, V9 (on 7th St. between D and E); W13 (same as P17, P19)
X1 (on Constitution Ave.)

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 7:34am
SluDge - you're too kind... Now you've robbed EMC (and others) of any incentive to read/research before posting... :)
emc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 12:03pm
Okay. Let's put the sarcasm aside. I am aware of the 14th and Constitution stop; however, based on my other posts, I'm interested in learning about the stops further up 14th street. I apologize. I should have been more clear.
emc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 12:05pm
And let's not also forget the fact that on the Morning Lines: Rolling Valley page, 14th and New York is listed at the bottom of the page under returning PM slug lines. But I am hearing this line does not go to Rolling Valley. I am seeking clarification on a website that has not been updated recently.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2006 at 8:02am
EMC - you should have been more clear. You also should have only posted your question in one area as opposed to several. (reader and responder fatigue...)

That said, my recommendation is that you try the 14th and NY line to find out whether it goes to RV or not. Talking to people is certainly a good approach, but this system is so fluid that no one can say with 100% certainty what goes on at ALL times, on ALL days, at ALL lines, etc...

I'm afraid you'll just have to take that so called "leap of faith" and give it a shot. Try varying your times, if possible, to see what works. If the line doesn't go to RV, catch a ride to Bob's (then a bus) or walk to 14th & Constitution.

Good luck.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2006 at 9:24am
14 & NY (actually closer to 14 & H) does not go to RV. Bob's only.
emc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2006 at 12:22pm
thanks scottt
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2006 at 6:17pm
emc,
Apology accepted. [:I]
Looks like somebody screwed up the RVM "afternoon return lines" info. [:0]
Also looks like you have at least two workable afternoon options now. You'll just need to walk a bit downtown or hop a bus at "Bob's" to get to RVM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic