Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug Line at Crystal Park 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slug Line at Crystal Park 2
    Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 3:38pm
Hey everybody...I'm putting feelers out there for the possibility of a new (or maybe just improved) afternoon slug line at Crystal Park 2. I would bet that a lot of the folks who work from the NC buildings, Park, Plaza, or even Mall buildings could benefit from this. What are your feelings on this and (pending some positive responses) would a potential Nov. 1st start date be good for everyone?? Let me know!! :)

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 3:42pm
Hi Mirangus!! Have you been driving or slugging lately? Have you been picking up at the 630 lot in the a.m.? If so, what time?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 12:41pm
quote:

Hi Mirangus!! Have you been driving or slugging lately? Have you been picking up at the 630 lot in the a.m.? If so, what time?

Shelbybrynn-

Here is a post that I wrote earlier on another forum. I'm trying and trying to get passengers, but it doesn't seem to be panning out for me. The afternoons are OK though, when I can get two of the five people that are acutally slugging to 630.

Alright folks, I'm getting a little frustrated. I would be more than happy to support you all and pick up from the 630 line. I've even been trying to target the times the forum posters have said they would be there. Time after time I have showed up at the 630 lot and waited for passengers to no avail. I'm all about helping you all out, but I'm starting to wonder if these slugs who are posting on these boards are imaginary. I never see anyone, not at the shelter, not at the stop sign, not anywhere, even after waiting for a while. I don't have that kind of time in the morning to wait around for people to show up (15 minutes and I'm gone!), that totally defeats the slug system! I hope somebody can convince me to keep trying because I'm about to quit and go straight back to 610 again. It would be a shame to lose this line because I love it in the afternoons, but the mornings are killin' me guys!! What's goin' on??

masinick View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masinick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 1:50pm
I'm all for starting a slug-line at Park 2. That would save a long walk for a lot of people. I'm sure there would be support... we just need to get the word out.

jenjordan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 9:52am
Crystal Park 2 line would be great - I work in 4 and that would a lot less walking!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 12:42pm
Just a reminder...We are going for attempt number one to revamp the Crystal Park 2 line on Friday, November 1, 2002. Hope to see some folks there!!
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2002 at 2:39pm
Did anyone try out the Crystal Park 2 location on Friday? How did it work to you?
mcsilva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcsilva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2002 at 3:14pm
Haven't seen any recent feedback on this topic. I was wondering if it is active and if I could get back to 610 from this location
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2002 at 9:14am
I have driven past this location every day (except yesterday) since its "inception" and I have yet to see anybody standing there waiting for a ride, or a car waiting for passengers. There must have been not as much interest as I thought there might be. That's OK. Maybe I'll try again later! Don't give up hope. I would love to pick people up or slug to 610 from that location, we just have to wait and see how the slug system feels later on!!

quote:
Originally posted by mcsilva
[br]Haven't seen any recent feedback on this topic. I was wondering if it is active and if I could get back to 610 from this location

tomkinsone View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkinsone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2002 at 9:56pm
I am new to Crystal Park 3 and would like to slug to the CP 2 from 610 stafford. Anyone else slugging to CP2?? work hours are 7am - 400pm.

Liz [:I]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic