Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drop Off Points at Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drop Off Points at Pentagon
    Posted: 24 Aug 2006 at 8:09am
Good Morning:

I was dropping off folks at the Pentagon this morning and as I was dropping off, an MP flagged me down and asked "You know you can't drop off here starting tomorrow, right?" He pointed me to a large message board that that indicated 'No drop off here.' He said that the drop off point was the lane where Stafford/Fburg/Rte 3 folks get picked up in the afternoon (behind me at this point). So apparently no more drop offs near the first set of stairs!

I also noticed that in the area of the second staircase, there is a lane to drop off with signs reading "no parking. drop off/pick up only." However, there was the same type of large message board in the area of the second staircase. It was not displaying any message this morning, but I am guessing that in the next couple of days that it will be displaying the same message. I am not trying to get a ticket or get scolded again by an MP. Can I still drop off Pentagon riders here?

I usually continue on through the parking lot and get onto rte 27 to 110, so if I had to drop off in the stafford/fburg lane, I would have to drive back around through the pentagon south parking lot again to get to my final destination. Geez!

Merlin
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2006 at 9:01am
Traffic confusion at the Pentagon? No Way! That information is distributed on a need to know basis only, and right now we don't need to know! Do you have clearance for that? You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! (Sorry, I digress to obscure movie references...)

When I drive, I drop off at the pentagon too, so I would be interested in knowing where the drop off point is also. Hopefully the Pentagon master traffic-planners will get it all figured out soon and let us all know. Then have done such a good job managing the traffic flow so far!?!
LisaV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2006 at 8:23am
Yea, it's a great plan- now folks going to the Pentagon City have to risk their lives walking through the parking lot- this morning I almost got run over, twice!

Great plan... only takes one idiot bureaucrat to screw the whole system up...
Lisa[:(!]
pentagonchop View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentagonchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2006 at 9:10am
Why not just use the designated walkway which leads you to the tunnel which takes you to pentagon row?
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2006 at 10:44am
I drive through the pentagon on my way to rosslyn and I have always wondered to where that tunnel goes!

Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic