Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodbridge to Rosslyn/Ballston Bus INFO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodbridge to Rosslyn/Ballston Bus INFO
    Posted: 14 Sep 2006 at 10:40pm
Ok, I know this may cause some not to slug, but the info is good for Woodbridge Slugs to have backup plans for when they can't catch a ride to work/home. I recently emailed PRTC about the new bus lines and here is what I learned:

The new Rosslyn route will be implemented in the Fall on November 6th with 4 morning and 4 evening trips. Unfortunately Arlington County would only approve 3 of the 7 stops requested. Here is how the route is planned:

The bus will originate at the commuter lot near Pfitzner Stadium at the McCoart Building on Oldbridge Road, it will proceed down Ridgefield Road with 2 stops. The route then turns onto Dale Blvd, stopping at all stops between Lindendale Commuter Lot and the Dale City Commuter Lot. It will stop twice on Prince William Parkway at the intersections of Sonora Street and Malta Street next to the Lakeside subdivision; then continuing to the Horner Road Commuter lot.

The first destination stop will be at the Pentagon, then proceeding to the 3 stops that were approved in Arlington County which are Wilson and Kent (Rosslyn), Fairfax and Kansas (Virginia Square area) and Fairfax and Taylor (Ballston area).

Estimated travel time between the Horner Road Commuter Lot and Ballston is approximately 45 minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic