Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHOT Lanes - Non-Rush Hour Nightmare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2006 at 1:25pm
Can someone explain what he means?
slugjo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2006 at 9:24pm
I think he means his feelings are hurt that slugs don't pay cash. I think he means that SOV hybrid is OK, HOV regular car is not, but HOV bus or locomotive is OK. And, I think he means we all should buy his brand of car, a perpetual motion machine that violates the second law of thermodynamics (I know, that's redundant).
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 12:27pm
Using some rough calculations and the Joint Travel Regs:

If 30 mile commute, and 3 people per vehicle, and $.445 reimbursement per mile, then cost per person is $4.45.

Compare with Sponge's estimated toll cost of $38, or the cost of a bus ride of $3.80.

Toll roads are the solution. Pay the toll or get on the bus. Most will take the bus, and the cost is less than if slugs were paying their fair (fare) share.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 3:02pm
Right. I see.

(Just BTW, it's not my estimate, it is the estimate of the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.)

So, NoSUV, are you planning on paying the toll or riding the bus?

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 3:49pm
Taking I66
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic