Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 - after 7am

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 - after 7am
    Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 4:27pm
Hello!

I am a former 610 slug. Since parking was eliminated, I have been commuting from 630.

Just curious, how is 610 (not the Mine Road lot) doing after 7am? How is it for sluggers and drivers?

Also, how is it exiting the parking lot in the evening?

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 7:46am
Matrix - exiting the Staffordborough lot is usually a bear in the PM because there is only one way out.

garypash View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garypash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 10:20am
Starting Monday 21 October their will be a shuttle bus running between the North and South 610 Commuter Lots in the morning and evening. This is a trial service to help the south 610 slug line get started. It will cost 25 cents to use the shuttle between the lots. After two weeks this service will be re-evaluated by the Stafford Board of Supervisors to see if we can keep it going and how much would have to be charged to make it cost effective.
The debate on the shuttle will occur November 5th starting at 7pm at the Stafford Board of Supervisors in the County Admin Building. Please show up if you have comments or want to express support. Go to www.garrisonville.org and click on the issues button to take a survey on the shuttle service.

GaryPash
gpash@co.stafford.va.us
www.garrisonville.org
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 8:54am
Matrix - the Mine Road lot is doing great after 7am. It has really taken off. I believe now with the 25 cent shuttle running between the two lots it will just get that much better. There is adequate parking and plenty of drivers. 7:15 there is normally a good amount of people in and out of there. You should try it out just to see how it works for you. :)

Think!
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 8:58am
Oh sorry....it's early. Forgot to answer your last question. Getting in and out of there in the evening has been no problem for those of us who use it. I definitely get home a lot faster since I don't have to wait at the light for the Staffordborough lot (the one by McDonalds). There are two sort of three ways in and out of the lot at Mine Road...so that definitely makes it easy.

Also, I am a slugger and a driver and enjoy it either way.

Hope that helps. My brain is not quite awake yet. :)

Think!
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 9:13am
I emailed the webmaster a copy of the flyer Gary Pash was handing out in the 610 lot this AM, asking if he could post it to website.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 3:29pm
I'll have the flyer up by tomorrow morning!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic