Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Rd. to Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japarks2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner Rd. to Crystal City
    Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 4:04pm
My office is located directly off the Pentagon exit on the corner of Eads and Army Navy. Would I be able to get dropped off near the building? There is ample space to pull off the road and would not block traffic.

Thanks for the help.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 8:35pm
From my experience ... only if a Pentagon-bound driver risks a ticket by ignoring the "do not discharge passengers" sign at the bottom of the exit ramp, or if the car you're in turns right and heads toward the corner of Eads and Army-Navy Drive and Crystal City. Otherwise, go to the first allowable drop-off point at the Pentagon, then walk back.
japarks2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japarks2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 9:08pm
Thanks, but I am asking about drivers going to Crystal City, not the Pentagon. I assume they take the same exit as the Pentagon, but instead they go right and would drive right by my building. I would walk from the Pentagon, but I have a medical condition that limits how much walking I can do.

Where are the drop-off points in Crystal City?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 7:09am
If your driver is going to Crystal City, it's wherever you negotiate with him or her.
If there are designated drop-off points, I've never heard of them.
Sorry ... I thought you might be asking about where a Pentagon-bound driver could drop you off.
Have a great sluggin' day!
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 10:38am
Based on my many years of slugging to Crystal City, the generally accepted drop-off points in the morning are 12th and Clark, Metro station (18th), and 23rd St. Many drivers will drop you off at points in between if it is on the way which answers japarks2's question. Crystal City drivers exit the HOV lanes onto Eads and proceed across Army Navy Drive. Just across that intersection is a bus stop that is often used to drop people off. Sounds like that is just what you are looking for. Just ask the driver if they mind dropping you off at Army Navy.

As for the return trip, the CC pickup point is on the corner where Crystal Drive turns into 12st. You are probably closer to the line at the Pentagon for going home.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 11:28am
I usually drop at the Crystal City Metro but will also drop off within a few blocks of my route to the Taylor Building or on the corner of Army/Navy/Eads. Flexibility and communication are key...
japarks2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote japarks2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 12:52pm
Thanks everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic