Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Coordinated Rides Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedExplanation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Explanation
    Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 2:03pm
I asked David, the website administrator/founder to create this category so that folks can arrange for rides if they do not want to meet at designated slug areas, particularly in the afternoon. For instance, if you work at L'Enfant and don't want to go to the Pentagon to catch a ride home, this message board is designed to help you find two or more others who may work in your part of town so that you can avoid that trip to the Pentagon altogether.

I was also prompted to ask that this board be started because I've seen messages where people were looking for rides home, and didn't think that this site had an adequate area to make such requests.

Good luck!

K.O.

Edited by - kortegel on 18 Oct 2002 08:34:40
FyreFyghtr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFyghtr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 12:42pm
I work down near L'Enfant and I usually go over to the pickup point across from the metro there. My schedule is pretty set, 7:30 - 5:00 or 7:30 - 4:00. Today (10-18) I get off at 4:00. If there is anybody heading to 610 at that time, I would love a ride.

If it gets to the point where I ride with the same couple of people on a regular basis, I would not be adverse to sharing in the driving duties. If somebody has a parking spot, I am willing to share their parking fee, drive my car and let them park it at their work location.

Kenny
Mikey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 1:06pm
I need a rider in the evening from Rosslyn or Courthouse to Lorton VRE or Sydenstriker/Saratoga. It takes for ever to get over to Pentagon to pick someone up. Wednesday it took us 20min to navigate the Pentagon lot to pick up a slug. We leave 5pm daily.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic