Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
khixson View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khixson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie
    Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 11:01am
quote:

I also go to ballston. We have two people already, looking for more! If anyone is willing to come to dumfries/woodbridge, that works somewhere around 7:30 - 4, that would be TOTALLY COOL! Please contact me at hixsonk@onr.navy.mil.

Thanks!
Kelly H.

KJH

KJH
khixson View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khixson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 10:58am
I also go to ballston. We have two people already, looking for more! If anyone is willing to come to dumfries/woodbridge, that work somewhere aorund 7:30 - 4, that would be AWSOME! Please contact me at hixsonk@onr.navy.mil.

Thanks!
Kelly H.

KJH
Mikey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2002 at 4:55pm
I work at Courthouse in Arlington also. My problem is trying to find riders in the evenings. Do any of the Spotsylvania folks drive up to Woodbridge/Lorton to hook up with riders/drivers. They are opening a lot at the Lorton exit soon so maybe we will get some riders from down south. I hope they don't take all my slugs from me though. Since I have to drive every day.

makinalivin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makinalivin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2002 at 8:17am
I slug from Rt 3 (Gordon Road) to Ballston. I get to the slug line around 5:40am and usually end up at the Pentagon before 7am. From the Pentagon, the blue line to the orange line over to Ballston is about 20 minutes.

I leave work at 4:30pm, metro back to the Pentagon. Never had a problem getting to work or getting home.

Good luck!

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2002 at 3:33pm
Newbie,

While I don't slug out of 17, I have several friends that do. Click on the following link to see a map of the Rt 17 commutter lot.http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Route%2017.asp

Do you qualify for getting Metro checks? You could use those to pay for the Metro ride. Good luck!

mkxl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2002 at 1:51pm
Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate you taking the time to type all of that!

Just one additional question;
When you say 17 to Rosslyn, what lot is considered 17?

Thanks!

MarkJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 4:47pm
I also live in Spotsylvania, and work in Arlington (near the Courthouse). Rides to Ballston are pretty few and far between, so you have two options: (1) Slug from Rte. 17 or 3 to Rosslyn, then return in the evenings from the Pentagon; (2) Slug from Rte. 610, then Metro back to Rosslyn in the evenings and catch a ride back to 610 from Rosslyn (there is no evening line at Rosslyn for 17 or 3).

The downside to the first option is that you have to take two Metro-trains in the evening (Orange from Ballston to Rosslyn, then Blue from Rosslyn to Pentagon). The downside to the second option is that 610 can be a real mess traffic-wise.

All that being said, I've been doing this about a year (from 17 to Rosslyn, then Pentagon to 17 at night), and it beats the train or the bus any day of the week!

Good luck with it.

mkxl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 3:29pm
I am a going to be attempting to slug for the first time to Arlington to the Ballston Area ( I think) starting next week. I live in Spotsylvania and will be working 8-5 at NCS Pearson. I am looking for suggestions about where to slug from, what times are best and most importantly where to get the best ride back in the PM.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic