Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

National Airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12thandF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: National Airport
    Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 10:17am
Am a normal driver from Bobs up 14th or 12th. Have to take wife to airport tomorrow AM (Reagan). Where can I get slugs for Crystal City? Pentagon? How does that work? Where do I get off the highway?

Looking to pick up slugs about 8am.

Joe

Everyday to 12th & F
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 10:36am
Pick up Daventry to Pentegon would work fine. OKM and Hunter Village. You can likely find 1 pretty easy. 7:45 is better time if you can make that.
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 12:45pm
Syndenstricker and Rolling Valley have riders that go to the Pentagon. Actually, the majority of riders from Sydenstricker go to the Pentagon. Syndenstricker gets full at about 7:15ish. You might have better luck at Rolling Valley at 8am.

Picking up riders for the Pentagon would get you to Reagan the quickest. (Rosslyn might also do in a pinch.) From Bobs, take I-395 north. When the memorial bridge/14th street split occurs, get in the right hand land and follow signs to the pentagon. You will exit and take a left to head towards drop off at the Pentagon. After exiting, you will have to make another left to get into the Pentagon parking lot. I would recommend getting into the left hand lane to drop off where the Fburg slugs pick up in the afternoon.

It sounds confusing - Don't be shy about asking your riders for a little help. The first time I ever dropped off at the Pentagon, I had no idea what I was doing and the riders were kind enough to help me out (it was in their best interest!)

Merlin
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 4:37pm
Why waste time swinging in to the Pentagon? Pick up some Crystal City slugs and instead of turning left into the Pentagon turn right and follow Eads St down to the Metro or 23rd St. Drop off your slugs then get onto Rt 1/Jeff Davis Hwy right there and continue south. Follow the signs for getting to the airport (it's not far).
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 8:51am
If you can get Crystal City slugs, definitely pick them up! Much easier.

Pentagon slugs may be more plentiful, though.

Merlin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic