Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manassas <===> Rosslyn, Ballston metro station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xuejiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manassas <===> Rosslyn, Ballston metro station
    Posted: 20 Feb 2002 at 12:11pm
I am a new slug looking for ride from Kmart, Manassas between Rosslyn or Ballston metro station. I am working in the court house, Arlington metro area. Thanks!

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2002 at 12:10pm
Xuejiao,
As you probably know, slugging from the Manassas area is still developing. As far as I know, there isn't a slug line at Kmart. If there is, please provide some details and I will gladly post them to the website!!

bwebster8 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwebster8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2002 at 12:09pm
I'm new in Manassas/Bristow. I've asked and read a few posts and noticed that the Starbucks is fading. The Kmart/Home Depot on the corner of Sudley and Balls Ford Rd would be an ideal morning pick-up. Population out there is going nuts. I can't believe there isn't any interest.

BW
cholli73 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cholli73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2002 at 2:43pm
I'm new to the whole "Slug" idea. I've been in Manassas now for two years now and I've been tollerating traffic for just as long. I commute from Manassas/ Wellington to Ft Myer/ Rosslyn. I've been to the slug line at Starbuck's and there was no one there. So xuejiao, Admin, and bwebster8, wanna work something out? I'm in the military and I leave out kind of early.

cholli73

Edited by - cholli73 on 14 Jun 2002 08:05:06
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2002 at 7:36am
I agree, the time may be right to get a Manassas line going. Just as you stated, that area is growing and so is the traffic congestion.

What it's going to take is someone to take charge of organizing the effort, just like Todd did in organizing the new Rt.3 Gordon Rd slug line. Basically, he started collecting email address of people interested (word of mouth as well as creating flyers to post on cars, bus stops, etc). I also posted his email address on the website as well as published it on the newsletter regarding starting the new line. Pretty soon, he was bombarded with emails of people interested. He solicited their help and recommendations.

Once he got about a 100 very interested slugs/drivers on the mailing list he set a date. The Rt. 3 line has only been in operation for about a week but it seems to be doing well.

If you're interested in taking this on, I can help and I know there are plently of others interested. It will probably take a couple of months to really get this organized.

Let me know.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic