Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING: 19 and F Police enforcement next week

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgealm27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WARNING: 19 and F Police enforcement next week
    Posted: 17 Nov 2006 at 11:19pm
Today there was a police officer there who threatened the driver that picked me up with a $75 ticket. He said all next week he would be handing out tickets at the 19 and F slug line to drivers who stop because they are causing traffic... urgh.

Anyways I thought id put this warning out since I dont know how serious this is or if its not serious and happens all the time.

If it is serious I guess the slug line will need a backup lcation nearby? any ideas?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2006 at 8:09am
This isn't the first time an overzealous cop has threatened this... Guess he doesn't notice the buses pulling over picking up passengers either.

What time was this?
Mimi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 10:42am
THE POLICE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER STATED LAST NIGHT THAT IF HE SEE ANYONE STOPPING AT 19TH & F. STREET (BY THE WORLD BANK OR BY THE GW DORM BUILDING) HE WILL GIVE $100.00 FINE.

HE REQUESTED THAT THE WORD SHOULD BE PASS
"DRIVERS CAN STOP AND PICK UP AT F STREET AROUND THE CORNER FROM 19TH STREET".

PLEASE PASS THE WORD
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 12:35pm
Is the rationale that the police want to keep 19th Street flowing and free of cars stopping to pick up passengers?

It appears from Mimi's post that they will allow drivers to stop to pick up passengers on F Street, and then they want the drivers to proceed over to the next southbound street (is the 17th?) after picking up their passengers/slugs on F?

Just trying to figure out what their logic is. Anyone know for sure?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2006 at 1:03pm
I sent a question to the Metropolitan PD about this. We'll see if they'll fine or if it's just a case of overzealousness on the part of one cop.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 4:54pm
I'll wager a guess the drivers who are trying to turn onto E St. to get to the E Street Expressway, are complaining to the cops that the cars stopping there to pick up riders impacts their commute home. Problem with the line being moved to F Street is when the college kids move out of the dorm; the cars doubleparked to load/unload their kids stuff is a nightmare. This doesn't sound good for the 19th & F slug line. Any suggestions on a different location?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 7:31am
No new location is warranted. Until I get a response from the Metro PD, I'm going to treat this as a case of an overzealous cop. Also, some people I've talked to have written their Senator to complain.

This has worked in the past when cops have threatened to shut down the 14th and Constitution line.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2006 at 7:46am
Well, 2 weeks later and no response from the 2nd District.

Can it be that the initial complaint was a hoax? (I note that the originator of this note hasn't posted since then either)

If it wasn't a hoax, has anyone witnessed this activity since?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic