Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon Slug Lines to Stafford/F-Burg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon Slug Lines to Stafford/F-Burg
    Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 7:08am
GMHP,
At least the driver wasn't trying to count the dog as a slug!
--- Or did you ask if she would "take three"? [:p]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2007 at 11:57am
My afternoon experience yesterday at the Pentagon to 610 Mine Rd:

Female driver w/1 passenger (assume husband)and DOG in back seat (small dog, but still..)drives down the center of the aisle, blocking all traffic to old lot as well as exit to HOV..

#1) A DOG? Really? WHO wants to ride in the back seat w/a DOG?

#2) The slug p/u lane is narrow to begin with, dont piss off everyone else in the world you think you rule, make some room for others, there is a word for it, its call CONSIDERATE, say it with me now, CON-SI-DER-ATE.

Thank you.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2006 at 8:40am
wmcg,

Please post your experience in retrieving your coat as a new topic. Although I don't typically read posts that are not relevant to me, it was interesting to see how the good actions of others helped you. If you could enter a new topic, I think everyone would appreciate knowing the good will and honesty of people using the slug system. Hopefully, it's has a happy ending -- Happy Holidays!

Goober
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2006 at 11:33am
My tip to 122582 is to Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Its been a fun year of reading your posts even when I disagree. :-)
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 5:50pm
This week has been hell in the afternoon.

Reposting Scroll's very good suggestions, and adding the suggestion that you slugs move down the line of cars (just like in the morning) to see if someone is waiting for you. I've waved, honked the horn, etc to get the lead slug's attention, to no avail. I guess I couls start making will calls off the back of the line.

Fellow Southbounders,
I have slugged between Stafford 17 and Pentagon for over a year now, and am thrilled the slug option exists. What a time and money saver! Now, I have a few notions I'd like Stafford/Fred drivers to consider or discuss.

1) The Pentagon Stafford/Fred slug lane isn't very wide, I'll grant you, but it IS usually wide enough for vehicles to pass each other. It would help the traffic flow immensely if narrow vehicles stay to the right so that others may leap-frog past you to either get to their pickup point beyond you or to depart with their slugs. This is particularly helpful when a 610 Mine Road or Old Lot driver is sitting at the blue sign waiting for slugs to walk up....parked in the middle of the lane blocking the cars behind him/her.

2) Now about the 610 lines. There are 2 slug lots on 610, and they are only minutes apart. It is extraordinarily frustrating for the Hwy 17 and 610 Old Lot slugs when a Mine Road driver sits at the blue sign waiting for a slug...ESPECIALLY when there are plenty of Old Lot slugs right there in front of you. This scenario plays out every day. This effects:
-- Old Lot slugs who could be on their way home sooner.
-- The MANY 610, Hwy 17, and Rt 3 drivers who are waiting behind
you.
-- The Hwy 17 and Route 3 slugs who have to wait for you to slowly
cycle through before their drivers can get close enough to load
up.
PLEASE GET OUT OF THE WAY
It's even worse when the driver parks in the middle of the lane preventing other cars from passing (see comment #1 above). Frankly, friends, I think it's far too selfish for such a high cost of everyone else's inconvenience. Please just load up and GO.

3) Regarding comment #1 above, please be careful driving through that Pentagon pickup lane. It IS tight in there. Also, some drivers blast through that lane awefully fast without regard to the many pedestrian slugs. Safety First, friends.

Merry Christmas to all.
SLUGGING ROCKS!

Scroll

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
sable2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sable2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2006 at 1:58pm
Hope everything works out for you WMCG [;)]

Enjoy!
wmcg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2006 at 12:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by sable2
[br]Just curious WMCG... this sounds like you. Is it[?] [?] I found this entry while perusing "lost and found" section...

Item: BLACK LEATHER JACKET
Item Number: 1649
Category: Found
Date Lost or Found: 12/06/2006
Posted on 11 Dec 2006 at 14:27:03

I am a black female with a very short haircut. Last week I fell asleep in the back of a Dodge truck (bluish gray or blue). When I got out at route 3 I accidently grabbed two coats - my own coat which is a black leather coat and another black leather coat.

I truly apologize for placing this online, but I am returning back to work today.

Please call me at work 703-697-8361 or on my cell at 202-213-8866 so that I may return your coat.

Enjoy!

It's me, wmcg and this is my coat. Now I must attempt to apologize to this honest lady and retrieve my coat...it won't be easy after basically posting that the coat was stolen...but call and apologize I will and with luck this lady will be nice enough to meet me at Rt3 and give me the coat where I will again offer her my sincere apologies.

Thanks to all who responded to my posting...slugs ARE good folks. The good thing is I can go back to saying that after all those years of commuting,I have never had a bad experience...that is if you exclude the Jag guy
wmcg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2006 at 12:23pm
quote:
Originally posted by sable2
[br]Just curious WMCG... this sounds like you. Is it[?] [?] I found this entry while perusing "lost and found" section...

Item: BLACK LEATHER JACKET
Item Number: 1649
Category: Found
Date Lost or Found: 12/06/2006
Posted on 11 Dec 2006 at 14:27:03

I am a black female with a very short haircut. Last week I fell asleep in the back of a Dodge truck (bluish gray or blue). When I got out at route 3 I accidently grabbed two coats - my own coat which is a black leather coat and another black leather coat.

I truly apologize for placing this online, but I am returning back to work today.

Please call me at work 703-697-8361 or on my cell at 202-213-8866 so that I may return your coat.

Enjoy!

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 2:30pm
Yay, hopefully there will be some closure to the black jacket fiasco. See, there are good people out there!

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 2:29pm
Thank you Sable. I hope this turns out to be good news for WMCG. We all make a mistakes. I have used FRED before and yes it does cost .25. However, it is cold enough these days to first wait for a ride at the Pentagon then go home and have to wait for FRED also. The same can be said for the driver who is waiting for Mine road people. Old lot people are going to the same place as they are. Pull up and pick up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic