Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NuRide Program Pays Slugs to Commute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2004 at 7:52am
quote:
Originally posted by DC_Slugger
[br]The only thing about this....to begin earning cash points and other things listed on the site.....the driver must either have a NuRide account or you must get their email address. As most of us know...that's not always a piece of information people are willing to give out. So the only way for this to work is if there is a major awareness or NuRide. It's a fantastic idea though.

Think!

Does this program include rider and driver?
audien View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2004 at 9:33pm
Both driver and riders receive equal amount of reward.

:-)[8D]
kmmesu View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmmesu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 2:24pm
I just had a seminar here in my office regarding NuRide. It was very informative.

The systems works, as stated earlier, where people sign in as a NuRider. There is no obligation and no fee associated with it. The nice thing about it - is that if there are people who are nearby who want to meet up for a ride - then you can do this through NuRide. The only issue is that there are not many people who are using it yet from Woodbridge to DC. But I went ahead and signed up. No one is ever going to sign up if we all wait on each other. I think it might gain its popularity - but I don't believe it will be as big as slugging (which is what the creators state) since we as slugs are very much people who insists on our independence. However, that said, I do believe it would be a benefit to slugs if we all did sign up because we could then still be slugging and yet could go ahead and arrange our rides home and be paid for it.

Either which way - it seems like a good system. They state that they do not tell where you live (which they don't) and that they do not give out personal information. You can choose what you want included. Your email information is there - but that is so that they can verify who you are. I personally like that information because then I know that someone is actually who they are. When I don't know who someone is as a slug - its fine because that's the "nature of the beast" but when on a list like this - its nice knowing that the person is who they say they are. Does that make sense?

Anyway...you might just want to check it out and see if it would work for you.

Kim
Kolohe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 12:50pm
There's another person from Dumfries/Triangle/Quantico out here willing to coordinate with others going to Pentagon/Crystal City. Heck, would love to get paid for what I'm doing already. Win-Win for everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic