Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Message Board to be Updated

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Message Board to be Updated
    Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 8:48am
This message board will be updated to a newer version this weekend! The message board has become so popular that I am having to upgrade the entire system to handle the capacity.

There is nothing members need to do, but the site may be down for an hour while the upgrade is installed.

What members will notice is:
* much higher security (email address will only be shown in the profile if you elect to do so in the profile)
* emails from within the forum will not show your actual address
* 128 bit encrypted passwords (to prevent hackers from accessing any data, even I will not be able to view your password)
* faster loading
* additional profile options
* much, much, more!

Margo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Margo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 12:10pm
Thank you!!! You have a wonderful website which many of us have found extremely useful. You're efforts are very much appreciated.

quote:

This message board will be updated to a newer version this weekend! The message board has become so popular that I am having to upgrade the entire system to handle the capacity.

There is nothing members need to do, but the site may be down for an hour while the upgrade is installed.

What members will notice is:
* much higher security (email address will only be show if you elect to do so in the profile)
* encrypted passwords (to prevent hackers from accessing any data)
* faster loading
* additional profile options
* much, much, more!

Jah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 12:13pm
Ditto. I am totally reliant (and sometimes addicted) to your totally thoughtful and beneficial website.
peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 12:48pm
You are super and have done a super-fantastic job with the website! I have noticed that the traffic has increased and the relevance has become signficant to us all. I have come to really rely on this site and the useful information on slugging.

Trish
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 4:15pm
Keep up the good work my friend....love the site!!

Megled View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 4:36pm
Admin: Your site, your work... and you - are greatly appreciated!
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2002 at 2:17pm
Hey, thanks for all the thoughtful comments. I really appreciate that and will continue to do my best serving the Slugging community!

As you can tell, a number of upgrades have been installed. Let me know if there are any bugs!

Dave
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 10:13am
I've noticed the password must now be all lower case...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic