Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIVIDING 234 SLUGGERS - HELP SUGGEST!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreniecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIVIDING 234 SLUGGERS - HELP SUGGEST!
    Posted: 08 Jan 2007 at 6:03pm
OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS -
****PLEASE HELP TO ORGANIZE BETTER PICKUP UP AT 234***
TO AVOID ONE LONG LINE OF CARS, to pick up ONE long line of slugs!
I SUGGEST DIVIDING THE SLUGGERS UP LIKE "HORNER ROAD".

LET'S CREATE 3 SPECIFIC LINES...I.E:

PENTAGON - (stet) - STANDS ON THE BLOCK (where EVERYONE USUALLY stands)
Drivers, will drive around to pick up sluggers as done before...

(stet) - SINCE, SOME DRIVERS DROP OFF SLUGGERS AT THE TOP OF FIRST ISLE I SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC SLUGGERS USE THE 2ND AND 3RD ISLES TO LINE UP...I.E: HERE'S THE PLAN!!!! ***********

14 STREET -
Drivers will enter 234, drive straight back, come up SECOND isle AND pick up slugs lined up AT THE TOP RIGHT SIDE OF that ISLE. Safe for sluggers to stand there, parking spots already filled.

La'Fant Plaza/OTHER destination -
Drivers will enter 234, drive straight back, come up THIRD isle AND pick up slugs standing AT THE TOP RIGHT side of that ISLE. Safe for sluggers to stand there too, those parking spots ARE filled.'

HOW DO WE ORGANIZE THIS IDEA? - OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS!!!
PLEASE HELP TO ORGANIZE BETTER PICKUP UP AT 234...
MOORENIECY, VERY ANXIOUS TO SEE YOUR RESPONSES!!!
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 8:21am
I think getting signs will greatly help. However, if there are 3 lines, is there enough room for the traffic flow? Also, why not add a 4th line for Rosslyn?
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 9:13am
Good idea, but what about this line breakdown instead:

1. Pentagon/Crystal City
2. 18th/Rosslyn
3. 14th and L'Enfant

That is closer to what is done at Horner. Design the lines based on the geographic proximities of the destinations.
mooreniecy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreniecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 1:57pm
YES! YES! I AGREE...I WAS JUST THROWING THE IDEA OUT...ADD ROSSLYN
BUT DO YOU KNOW WHERE DO I GET APPROVAL FOR SIGNS AND/OR SIGNS?

quote:
Originally posted by darkprime
[br]I think getting signs will greatly help. However, if there are 3 lines, is there enough room for the traffic flow? Also, why not add a 4th line for Rosslyn?

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreniecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 1:59pm
GREAT!...I just think 234 can break down like Horner did...How can we impliment this idea and get it into happening????[8]

quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]Good idea, but what about this line breakdown instead:

1. Pentagon/Crystal City
2. 18th/Rosslyn
3. 14th and L'Enfant

That is closer to what is done at Horner. Design the lines based on the geographic proximities of the destinations.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreniecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 2:01pm
CAN SOMEONE PROVIDE INFO ON WHO TO CONTACT TO DIVIDE 234 INTO SPECIFIC LINES??
WHO HAS AUTHORITY IN RE-ORGANIZING 234 AND GETTING SIGNS PLACED.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 7:48am
Mooreniecy, please be aware that typing in all caps will make people less likely to respond to you, not more likely.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 9:08am
Yes, please stop it with the allcaps -- it gives my monitor a headache.

I don't know that there is any "Authority" who can or will do what you are (wisely) suggesting. When Horner split, it was done by just one or two smart steroid-free sluggers who put up the signs. It took a couple of days for it all to be sorted out, and some drivers were irritated at first, but everyone seemed to see that there was a need to split the 14th and 18th Street lines because the queue of cars had gotten so long.

Do it Yourself Slugline: Pick a date for the switch, make a 1/4-page-sized map of the new routes, print about hundred of them, laminate and post a couple of full-size ones on the bus shelter, make the rest small enough to hand out, then put them out there, about twenty or so a day. All you need do is hand a couple to the person behind you and say "pass it on."

Remember: Always Question Authority!

Oh, and don't forget to send something here to Admin so he can update the 234 description on the site.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreniecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 1:31pm
Sorry, for the irritation...no excuse for using caps, but, it wasn't done on purpose.[B)]
Thanks for the suggestion of how to start something new at 234! [^]

quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]Yes, please stop it with the allcaps -- it gives my monitor a headache.

I don't know that there is any "Authority" who can or will do what you are (wisely) suggesting. When Horner split, it was done by just one or two smart steroid-free sluggers who put up the signs. It took a couple of days for it all to be sorted out, and some drivers were irritated at first, but everyone seemed to see that there was a need to split the 14th and 18th Street lines because the queue of cars had gotten so long.

Do it Yourself Slugline: Pick a date for the switch, make a 1/4-page-sized map of the new routes, print about hundred of them, laminate and post a couple of full-size ones on the bus shelter, make the rest small enough to hand out, then put them out there, about twenty or so a day. All you need do is hand a couple to the person behind you and say "pass it on."

Remember: Always Question Authority!

Oh, and don't forget to send something here to Admin so he can update the 234 description on the site.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic