Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Coordinated Rides Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked14th Street to Route 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 4:41pm
I am considering moving to spotsylvania co. , but I am concerned about the commute. I was wondering how long it takes to get from rt. 17 to 18th. I also would be interested in joining a carpool..Are there lots of rides home at this time? What is the best way to commute from rt 17 to dc, and home again?
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 5:10pm
Don't do it!! Stafford County is overcrowded and the planning of the roads, schools etc. stinks. Unless of course you like grid-locked traffic everywhere, poor roads, schools that lack teachers because the teachers are underpaid. Think twice before moving to Stafford.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 7:43am
I leave Rt.17 at 6:25 then I go to Horner Road and slug in. I get to 14th and Penn between 7:30-8:00 I hope this helped.
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 8:41am
I dont know about Spotsylvania, but I live in Stafford county and I dont have a problem at all. Sometimes it can be hard to get a ride downtown and lately the line in the evenings have been pretty long, but I have never been without a ride. I have a 3rd grader and also she is doing very well in school. You have the Martz bus, which costs way too much money, but its good to try to keep tickets on you just in case. There is the VRE, which is just way too slow. I think the best bet is to slug or if you can find a carpool that would be great also. Or as mentioned you can always drive a little further up north. Hope this helps.
peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 8:47am
Ok!

I am going to take the initiative to show leadership in getting this line started. If you would please, respond to this post indicating the following:

**Time that you typically arrive or plan to arrive at Rt. 17 in the morning

**The time range that you need to be in DC

**DC Destination point

**Desired time range that you need to leave DC

**Plan to drive only?

**Plan to ride only?

**Plan to ride and drive

Optional - contact number or e-mail

Thanks for your help and lets get this started!!!!!

Trish

P.S. I will be posting another e-mail/posting with detailed information later this morning. Gotta run to a meeting right now.
Susan Buchanan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 10:27am
Thanks so much for taking the initiatve! I had set aside time this morning to do it myself after getting the ball rolling, but you beat me to it. Did you click on the link to start a new line on the slug-line homepage?

I am currently temping, but here is my info:

Arrive at 17: between 7:15 and 7:30
Need to be in DC: by 8:45
DC destination 14th & G (office at 700 13th)
Leave DC from 14th & G: 5:10 - 5:15
I plan to ride only for now

You can contact me through my e-mail and I'll provide my numbers. Hopefully my location and times won't change too much with my next positions. I think 14th & G is a great location since it's already a slug line area and a bus stop. My suggestion for the evening would be for riders to plan to pick up from at least 4:00 to 5:30.

Thanks,
Susan
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 4:05pm
I leave 17 from 6:45-7:15
Leave DC 4:45-5:00
I work on 13th and F, right around the corner from Borders
I ride mostly, but plan to drive more as the weather gets a little colder
Thanks, I hope this idea works
Susan Buchanan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2002 at 6:00am
I am looking for a pretty regular ride from either 13th & G at 5:05 or 14th & G at 5:10 to route 17. Is anyone able to give me a ride?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Susan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic