Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zero Tolerance HOV Enforcement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2007 at 2:51pm
Ok, one that's stuck with me over the years (I remember the 2005 thing too--not good), is the distinct LACK of enforcement on 95 southbound at the final HOV merge especially on Fridays, even more so on 3-day weekends (suggestion to newbies, take the train on the Friday preceding a 3-day weekend, your commute may be as long, but it will be less stressful).

Reasons for strict enforcement on Fridays, especially 3-day weekend Fridays:

1. Lots of out-of-town/state revenue, er, I mean violators, er, drivers.
2. There's ample space to "stack 'em up" on the south end of 95 at the merge (think safety).
3. With lots of 'em stacked up, they get to enjoy the long wait sitting still while only a couple troopers write the tickets (takes time to write that many tickets with that few troopers and the violators lose their time advantage of cheating).
4. The traffic naturally slows at the merge, so it's safer for troopers.
5. Additional revenue to be garnered as many (out of state and in state) drivers jump off the HOV at one of the emergency vehicle only access points north of the merge--really unsafe action on their parts.

Seems reasonable to me, but then maybe someone else sees a flaw. I really like the idea of out-of-state revenue flowing into the coffers.

^Thoughts?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2007 at 5:10pm
I still maintain that rookies and/or retired State Troopers be allowed to patrol the HOV lanes on a commission basis.

How's that for a "get rich quick" scheme?
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2007 at 5:23pm
I think anything that gets more violators is a great plan but espcially if we can soak up all the New Yorkers cash. Since we have to take all their trash we might as well soak htem for cash as they drive through.
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 8:32am
This morning at 6:10 a.m., I saw an obviously non-hybrid with only the driver getting on at the Springfield HOV entrance off of the Fairfax County Parkway (or is it the Francania Springfield Parkway at this particular location?). I was not on HOV and stopped at the light right next to him so I could clearly see into his vehicle. Obviously he felt that getting on 10 minutes after HOV "enforcement" began would not put him at much risk. Now imagine if cops were at the very few HOV entrance ramps on an occassional basis. This driver that I saw this morning would not only have been stopped from getting on HOV, he would then have to go "out of his way" to get on to I-95.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2007 at 1:56pm
Bumping up over spam.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 8:14am
Spam is getting worse... bumping up
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 8:10am
Wow, this morning I saw a cop checking cars at the HOV on ramp near PWC Parkway this morning. First time in months since I've seen this.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 8:41am
I saw an Arlington cop checking cars Landmark mall....neat.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic