Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug Line Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug Line Etiquette
    Posted: 29 Oct 2002 at 3:31pm
This topic has been discussed before go to the topic " QUESTIONS ON SLUGLINE ETIQUETTE" there are several different Opinions on this topic.

TBell
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 10:11am
If the line is long, and it is late in the HOV period, and I am one of the people getting in the vehicle, and I see there is room in the vehicle, I will normally ask if the driver will take an extra person. Some drivers will say yes, some will say no. Most that say no have a good reason. Once when i drove I said no because one of my kids spilled stuff on the seat behind me and I hadn't had a chance to get the seat cleaned (passenger side of the rear seat was fine), and I figured if I let someone sit on it, they probably would have been pretty pissed.

About moving the seat, I always ask the driver before I move it. None have said no, but I figure its their car ...

HTH
RyeZingSon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyeZingSon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2002 at 9:38am
This goes in line with the talk below about taking a 3rd. This may have been discussed before, but I don't see it anywhere--

Anyway--here is my question.

If I am the 1st in line and there is one driver and one passenger in a car that pulls up OR if I am the 2nd in line and there is just the driver in a car that pulls up - Is it MY responsibilty to ask the driver if they can take a 3rd? Or is it the potential 3rd rider's responsibility? I am one that usually DOESN'T ask if the driver can take a 3rd, because I feel it is not my responsibility to ask on behalf of someone else.

Much as, if I am in line and could potentially be the 3rd rider in a car, I don't expect the others in front of me to ask on my behalf. I would ask for myself if I felt that it would benefit the line to be a third rider.

Thoughts?

Can I move the seat?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic