Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blocking traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blocking traffic
    Posted: 01 Nov 2002 at 2:41pm
Last night (Halloween) traffic was, as usual on Halloween, horrendous downtown. I swung by the 14th & Constitution slug line to see if there was anyone for Bob's, but there were no slugs at all there. So the clown in front of me put on his flashers in the right lane, apparently deciding to wait for slugs to show up! This seems to me to be a horrible violation because it's blocking a lane of traffic when the road is already jammed. What does everyone else do--it seems to me that if nobody's at 14th & Constitution, you either go on to the Pentagon, loop around the block, or go park in one of the bus cut-outs around the corner (hoping you don't get a ticket) and walk back to the slug line, but under no circumstances do you just sit and wait.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2002 at 3:38pm
Pentagon was no better last night (http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=394)
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2002 at 4:20pm
Oh, I know all too well how the Pentagon was (notice I posted in that thread too). Everywhere was bad. Happens every year on Halloween. I think next year I will just take Metrorail....especially since Halloween will be on Friday and it will be even worse even earlier. But the question remains--it seems to me that you cannot stop and wait for slugs to show up on 14th Street.

quote:
Originally posted by Arbo
[br]Pentagon was no better last night (http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=394)

mdamba View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 8:55pm
Why are people picking up slugs at the Pentagon will block the left side of the road instead of waiting behind the other cars waiting to pck up slugs? I had to wait a couple of minutes to get out because some guy was blocking the left lane because he felt his car could fit in.
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 4:13pm
Not trying to be funny, but it seems that some 610 drivers do this because they dont want to get to close to 17. As if the 17 riders are just going to jump in or something. Also instead of them waiting for 17 and 3 riders to load, they go around and then realize that it's not enough room for them to get back in. This just ends up slowing everyone up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic