Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New (Springfield) driver question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewJMarshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New (Springfield) driver question
    Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 10:13am
I've never done slugging before - neither as a driver nor as a passenger.

I need two passengers to Rolling Valley this afternoon.

How do I do this? Do I just drive up with my sign and hold up two fingers? Is the L'Enfant or 14th/Constitution location better for picking up?

Thanks for the help,
Andrew

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2007 at 12:12pm
AJM,

Don't know about slugs at the L'Enfant line for RVM. You can get RVM slugs at the corner of 14th and Constitution -- or at the Burke-Springfield line on Kent Street in Rosslyn, and the B-S line at the Pentagon.

But there may be others so, recommend you check the "Afternoon Slug Lines" tab on Slug-Line.com's home page to see if there are any other downtown slug lines with RVM as an afternoon destination.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2007 at 12:36pm
There's also a line at 18 & F that goes to RV. Just pull up and say, "2 for Rolling Valley".
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2007 at 12:39pm
Sorry - 19th and F.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 8:51am
Andrew, The L'Enfant/7th & D PM line needs drivers to Rolling Valley. I can almost guarantee no wait! Also, I happen to know many of these riders, and most of them are very nice!
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2007 at 9:48am
I want to also add that L'Enfant could use more drivers to Rolling Valley. There are definitely more riders wanting to go to Rolling Valley than Bob's these days. It is a good spot to pick up on because you are very close to the south entrance for I-395, and can avoid some of the congestion problems at the Pentagon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic