Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tackett's Mill Construction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackett's Mill Construction
    Posted: 14 May 2007 at 8:35am
Does anyone know what the plan (and timeframe for the plan) is at Tackett's? There was absolutely no place to park at 0700 this morning.

Thanks
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:16am
No. And I'm surprised that you're the only one who had a comment or question! I was under the impression that the blinking sign in the Tackett's lot announcing "New Lot Open 5-14" meant that we'd have extra spots today. I was absolutely STUNNED to see the entire lot closed, with the exception of those new spaces. I finally got my bearings after getting stuck behind someone who just wanted to sit in the middle of a lane and think about his options. I parked in the "old" lot at McDonalds and walked over to where the pickup lines were still functioning. I had absolutely NO clue that the entire lot was closing. Where should I have looked for information? Where was it available? There was no notification at the lot; no person hadning out flyers; no notice stapled to a post, NOTHING. I slug every day and hadn't heard boo about this from other drivers or slugs. It's one thing to be booted out of our lot, but quite another not to be warned in advance. Where do I complain??
jbeiii View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:34am
I think the reason we are the only ones to post is everyone else is still circling the lot! A co-worker who went through Tackett's later, said they did finally opened up the side nearest the bus stop. The flashing sign this morning said not to park on the old side but I do not remember it saying anything last week other than the new lot would open on the 14th. I am sure whoever had the bright idea to close a 600 space lot and replace with a 200 space lot is spending their weekends trying to figure out why they can't get all of their 5lb bag of sugar into a 1 lb jar.
Cataphract View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cataphract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:35am
I was thinking the same thing that everyone would be outraged at this situation and am surprised to find just a lone post on this.

I went online to VDOT's site and PW county website to get some info on the construction schedule but have not found any information yet.

This is truly a disaster. The new parking lot is TINY, it probably has 50% of the spaces as the old lot. Somebody has screwed up in planning this, it is simple math, if you have a lot that hold 200 cars and you close that one and make one available that can only hold 100 cars, what do you think will happen?

A 5th grader can answer this but apparently not people at VDOT or county planners.

I am going to write to the county supervisor and the respective representatives of Woodbridge and Lake ridge about this and I suggest everyone do the same.

I fear for the worst, i hope they are just re-paving the new lot and don't rezone it to build new houses or something as it looks like just behind the old lot there are new houses about to go up.

thorpesa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thorpesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:01am
No there were no signs stating that the Old parking lot would be closed. The only sign was to begin using the new parking lot on May 14th. Other than that there was no communication, except for the sign on Friday, May 11th stating the above. It is unbelieveable to me that there was not a better communication/signage system in place. The fact that they didn't even take into consideration the size of the "new" lot versus the old lot is unacceptable! Nobody was able to park in the new lot after 7:00 AM because all the spaces were filled up. Also, there is no communication/signage to let anyone know what is going to happen next. Who do we write to or call about this does anyone know??
SRivers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRivers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:33pm
I agree with all of you and felt like spitting fire this morning. That was terribly inconsiderate of them to take away our resource without warning...Most people realize that we're all trying to make good use of our time, that's why we refer to that time as "Rush Hour". I say we all should write VDOT/PWC...Flyers last week would have been helpful

SRivers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic