Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM sluggers fr Springfield/Saratoga area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybalde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AM sluggers fr Springfield/Saratoga area
    Posted: 29 May 2007 at 1:32pm
Are there sluggers leaving Rolling Rd/Saratoga area into downtown Smithsonean/L'Enfant Plaza area? I'm either interested in driving or ridding. Please advise.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:05pm
For that morning destination -- looks like the Rolling Valley Mall or "Bob's" morning lines are probably your best slug lines in the Springfield area.

Does anyone know of any others?
ybalde View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ybalde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:57pm
Thank you! I'll try both. I'm also new at slugging, but from what I gather there are designated areas and either one just drives by and let's 2 people in; or stand in line and get picked up? I guess you determine where the driver is going by asking? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:22pm
Hi ybalde. There are two lines at Circuit City across from Springfield Plaza in the morning. The line on the right (closest to Springield Methodist Church) is for cars going across the 14th St. Bridge (including stops for the Pentagon, Rosslyn, L'Enfant Plaza, 7 & D, Capital Hill) and the line on the left is for Memorial Bridge (18th, 20, 22nd and 23rd St.). Drivers call out their destination. Don't know Rolling Valley's set up. I don't know if there is a slug line at L'Enfant Plaza to Springfield in the evening.
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 9:59pm
Hi

For Rolling Valley, there is a single line in the morning and a caller announces the destination. This is a very active slug line and you can get anywhere, Pentagon, Rosslyn or anywhere in DC from Rolling Valley in the morning. I do know that a returning line both to Bob's and Rolling Valley in the evening is L'Enfant, although there seems to be more drivers to Bob's than to Rolling Valley. You can also get a ride to Rolling Valley in the afternoon from the Pentagon, although not to Bob's.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2007 at 12:20pm
quote:
Originally posted by ybalde
[br]Are there sluggers leaving Rolling Rd/Saratoga area into downtown Smithsonean/L'Enfant Plaza area? I'm either interested in driving or ridding. Please advise.

Some time ago, in the not too distant history of slugging, therer was an active line right there at the Saratoga bus stop (where the Christmas tree, garden and fireworks stands set up each year). it dropped off at the Pentagon and there was a PM Pentagon return line to Saratoga. But over time it lost participants. I don't know of anyone who uses it anymore!

Now the closest lines are at Cardinal Plaza (bus stop next to Springfield Country Club on OKM Rd.), Daventry (at the entrance on OKM Rd.), and Sydenstricker commuter lot (but that's in the opposite direction). You could always cruise the these lots and the bus stops on your way up to Bob's if you're driving, or pick one to ride from, they're all active.

Happy slugging!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic