Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Crystal City...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graciebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Crystal City...
    Posted: 19 Jun 2007 at 9:12am
Hi, everyone -

Our office is moving to Crystal City. As a seasoned Bobs slugger, I am seriously bummed about this! Anyone know the best place to hitch a ride to CC from the Springfield area? Do rolling valley drivers go to CC often? From browsing the slug pages, it's looking like I will have to metro (and boy do I not want to do that!!).

Thanks for any and all advice.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2007 at 9:30am
graciebee,

I've picked up Pentagon/Crystal City slugs in Springfield at Daventry, Rolling Valley, and Sydenstricker.

If you can't get a ride into Crystal City but can get a ride to the Pentagon and you work at the north end of CC, it's an easy 5-10 minute walk from the Pentagon. If you are further south in CC, you can take the yellow or blue Metro south from the Pentagon to either the Pentagon City or CC Metro stations. Those morning trains aren't usually crowded since they are heading out of DC.

I hear it's easier to get a slug ride home in the afternoon from the Pentagon to either Rolling Valley or Sydenstricker than it is to Daventry. I don't think there's a Springfield slug line in Crystal City.
graciebee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graciebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2007 at 10:36am
slugDgE, Thanks for the info ...

Do you, or anyone, know of a working slug line to and from Crystal City, further south? Say in Lorton or Woodbridge? or even further?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic