Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pentagon pick-up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pentagon pick-up
    Posted: 08 Nov 2002 at 9:58am
Slug pick-up at the Pentagon has gone from bad to worse (especially on or after 5). The drive from the west end of the lot to the pick-up points are 35 minutes or more. It's often eaiser to run down 395/95 alone rather than fight the traffic problems associated with picking-up a rider. Is there anyone attempting to address the traffic issues at the Pentagon?
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2002 at 10:21am
Mike,

I don't think the traffic problems are being addressed. I'm not sure who has the authority to do something about it, but I think Washington Headquarter Service (WHS) might be in charge. If you consider the layout of the roads and parking lot, it might be tough to come up with something better. Do you have any reasonable suggestions?

gg
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 10:25am
It is horrible. I think that we should have the lines moved to other locations. Like where the lines were after 9/11. It may be a little easier. I dont know, just a thought. Or maybe try to start smaller lines in other locations, ie crystal city, downtown or rosslyn.
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 1:33pm
Maybe everyone should start using the "Coordinated Rides Home" message board to avoid the Pentagon. [;)]

K.O.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 4:22pm
They need to re-mark the lanes. The right lane after you come off the exit from the I-395 local lanes in the afternoon is marked "straight or right turn" but in fact goes right-turn only due to the new guardhouse. Makes for a mess because anyone unfamiliar with the lanes gets thrown off.

quote:
Originally posted by gg
[br]Mike,

I don't think the traffic problems are being addressed. I'm not sure who has the authority to do something about it, but I think Washington Headquarter Service (WHS) might be in charge. If you consider the layout of the roads and parking lot, it might be tough to come up with something better. Do you have any reasonable suggestions?

gg

mdamba View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 9:04pm
I don't know the rest of you all but I'm tired of asking slugs before they get in that I'm going to Gordon Rd and they say "Yeah" and then the minute they're in and you're on the road, they ask if they can be let out at the Ukrops. Gordon Rd isn't for people that rides the bus in the mornings and then you slug. I'm just like anyone else, I want to get home, not make all theses stops. If you don't want to go to Gordon Rd than make your own line at Ukrops but stop trying to get the ones that use Gordon to do you a favor because we're tired of it. Sorry people, I don't mean to get upset but it's really getting out of hand. Does anybody know when they're going to pave the street at the Penagon?
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2002 at 10:02am
quote:
Originally posted by mdamba
[br]I don't know the rest of you all but I'm tired of asking slugs before they get in that I'm going to Gordon Rd and they say "Yeah" and then the minute they're in and you're on the road, they ask if they can be let out at the Ukrops. Gordon Rd isn't for people that rides the bus in the mornings and then you slug. I'm just like anyone else, I want to get home, not make all theses stops. If you don't want to go to Gordon Rd than make your own line at Ukrops but stop trying to get the ones that use Gordon to do you a favor because we're tired of it. Sorry people, I don't mean to get upset but it's really getting out of hand. Does anybody know when they're going to pave the street at the Penagon?

I know it sounds silly but maybe you should put a sign in your window when you pull up to the slug-line stating Gordon Road ONLY or something like that.
mdamba View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdamba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2002 at 3:18pm
I think the only way it will work is let them out on Gordon Rd and they can call and get someone else to come and pick them up.They might try it once but I doubt they'll do it twice.
quote:
Originally posted by shelbybrynn
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by mdamba
[br]I don't know the rest of you all but I'm tired of asking slugs before they get in that I'm going to Gordon Rd and they say "Yeah" and then the minute they're in and you're on the road, they ask if they can be let out at the Ukrops. Gordon Rd isn't for people that rides the bus in the mornings and then you slug. I'm just like anyone else, I want to get home, not make all theses stops. If you don't want to go to Gordon Rd than make your own line at Ukrops but stop trying to get the ones that use Gordon to do you a favor because we're tired of it. Sorry people, I don't mean to get upset but it's really getting out of hand. Does anybody know when they're going to pave the street at the Penagon?

I know it sounds silly but maybe you should put a sign in your window when you pull up to the slug-line stating Gordon Road ONLY or something like that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic