Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 Lot Options without Shuttle Bus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 Lot Options without Shuttle Bus
    Posted: 08 Nov 2002 at 3:56pm
Peedee87,

I use 610 and 630; they are only 2 miles apart. Since I started advertising the new line at 630, many people have emailed me their interest and they are 610 slugs and drivers.

Do we not have a congestion problem at 610? You should be happy that there are some people who would like to try an alternative. This way there will be more parking spots at 610. Besides, it is not like 610 is hurting for slugs or drivers! At least 1000-1500 people commute from there a day.

I applaud you for continuing to use 610... if you are concerned with the problems at hand, I suggest you consider attending the next Stafford Board of Supervisors' meeting. In fact, maybe you would like to get the word out - that is what I have been doing the last month and a half.
peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2002 at 2:35pm
Right now we have a situation where there seems to be an issue with regard to those people who CHOOSE to use the 610 Garrisonville Road commuter lots. The issue is where to park and how to set up slug lines to make it work for the people who CHOOSE to use the Garrisonville Road lots. On the contrary there are people who CHOOSE NOT to use the Garrisonville Road lots who use this forum as an opportunity to dissuade current 610 sluggers from using 610 and advertising to persuade them to use 630 as a solution to the 610 problem. Right now we (the sluggers who CHOOSE to use the 610 lots) are looking for a solution to the commuter lots at 610.

shelbybrynn
Advanced Member
113 Posts
Posted - 08 Nov 2002 : 11:10:41

It's quite obvious that the Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, etc. are not going to be able to do anything to help the adverse parking/traffic situation on Route 610. The Mine Road lot is spacious but it's location makes it a bad option for alot of people. Especially now that it gets dark earlier and the weather has been wet and cold. Noone I know wants to try to cross 610 and there is no guarantee that your drivers are going to take you to the new lot on Mine Road especially since it is very hard to merge over to the left lanes in gridlocked traffic (even if you use the second light).

A great solution for many of us will be to start using the Route 630 commuter lot on Dec. 2nd. My slug buddies and I have been slugging from there for a month and a half and we love it!! It is so easy to get in/out of and it saves us alot of our valuable time. If you are a driver or a rider and would like to join us on Dec. 2nd, please respond to Matrix's Route 630 poll or email her at rachelkorinek@msn.com or korinek@rand.org. That will in turn help the 610 folks who feel it is more convenient to slug from there because it will free up some parking spaces for you if we get a good balance between the two lots. So if you live further south of Route 610 and want a better option, please join us at the Route 630 commuter lot on Dec. 2nd and don't forget to participate in the poll!!
(Extracted From: Rappahannock Commission Asking for Ideas for 610!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic