Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'HOT Lanes Online Petition'-Request for Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked'HOT Lanes Online Petition'-Request for Feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 8:57am
Thanks for the review, Achall. It should be available tonight around 8 EDT. I wanted it to sit for 24 hours. I'll will post a note on this board when it is available.

spidermonkey
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 11:10am
Under 10.

" Single occupancy vehicles which are not environmentally friendly should not be able to buy their way into special transportation access. We need to promote more carpools, not single occupant cars."

Delete this part. It implies that "environmentally friendly" vehicles should be able to buy their way in but no one else. In other words, you are promoting a HOT system in which HOV is free but otherwise only HYBRIDS get to buy their way in as SOV.

NO, we want an HOV in which all vehicles are HOV. Otherwise it will defeat the purpose of opposing HOT lanes. We are opposing HOT lanes because there is insufficient capacity. Limiting the toll vehicles to hybrids would just delay the jamming of the lanes by a couple of years.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 11:15am
Thanks to Spidermonkey (and others) for their contributions. Please remember to post the link so we can sign. I plan to print a copy of the petition with the link to give to drivers/riders every morning/evening. I will also be leaving this on doorsteps in the Springfield neighborhoods.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 11:52am
spidermonkey -
Told you Bob was unwilling to compromise! Leave your #10 alone as Bob's paranoia is reflected in your compromise wording in #5 second sentence.

Some editorial comments:

Where you have put "State of Virginia" change to "Commonwealth of Virginia". Statement 1 (three times), statement 3, and 9.

Statements 3 and 6 will be answered by VDOT with the term "congestion based pricing." In other words, their intent is to raise the variable toll in the HOT lanes until it becomes too expensive for non-exempt vehicles. If crowded at $2/mile, change to $4. If that doesn't work, keep on going higher. Imagine $100/mile for non-exempt vehicles. SOV is effectively out.

Recommend changing statement 9 "HOT" (two times) to "toll".
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 12:16pm
You may be a newcomer who is unaware of the fact that the above member is a troll and a spammer. He sits around and trolls and spams this site becaue he hates slugging. Any time a post comes in that he doesn't like, he "covers" it with spam. How juvenile. So I really wouldn't give any credence to what he says. Or, better yet, just do the opposite of what he says if you want to promote HOV.

AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 1:27pm
Spidermokey,

I will print and distribute flyers at the Tacket's Mill parking lot and will attempt to leave work early on Friday (if the petition is completed) and start handing them out at Horner. I hope that the slugs don't mind having flyers put on their windshields. [8)]
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 3:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]You may be a newcomer who is unaware of the fact that the above member is a troll and a spammer. He sits around and trolls and spams this site becaue he hates slugging. Any time a post comes in that he doesn't like, he "covers" it with spam. How juvenile. So I really wouldn't give any credence to what he says. Or, better yet, just do the opposite of what he says if you want to promote HOV.

Bob,

Are you saying that the VA General Assembly DIDN'T vote 100% to extend the hybrid exemption? Or is it YOU that should not receive credence. After all, when was the last time YOU posted something factual?
spidermonkey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidermonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 7:29pm
I've initiated the petition. It can be accessed at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/NOTsoHOT/petition.html

I've made the following minor editorial edits:

1. Reworded introductory phrase to speak to the I-95/I-395/I-495 "corridor" (also, other references to either I-95 or I-395 now speak to the "corridor")

2. Taken NoSUV's 2007/08/08 11:52 editorial suggestions regarding "Commonwealth of Virginia" and "toll"

3. Tightened up #9 slightly (the wording was a little wandering)

I'm going to start another thread announcing the online petition. Thanks to everyone for making this into an effort that will at least help us feel as if we are a positive part of the process!

Now we've got to get the word out somehow. Thanks in advance to all the hands and feet that are willing to help.

Now, here's to seeing what the little guys and gals can do...

spidermonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic