Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWho has written Dr Gridlock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cavvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who has written Dr Gridlock?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2007 at 10:17am
It's been two+ weeks since Dr Gridlock wrote about the HOT petition and asked for a dialog on the HOT lanes. How many people who are regulars to this site have since written in to provide the comments which are regularly posted here? If not, I would suggest you do so immediately. It does no good to complain among each other, we already know about the drawbacks to HOT. We need to get our discussions out into the public air waves because I am continually amazed at the number of people who are completely unaware that this toll lane will be in operatio 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Write Dr Gridlock!

Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2007 at 1:59pm
If you are referring to this:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/getthere/2007/08/post_83.html

I am one of those posted. But- not everyone is going to read this either. This is the continuing battle those of us actually concerned with this issues face in getting the message out there. The media selectively prints/broadcasts what it wants to , or just snippets of info which are often misleading to the uninformed. Without $$ to fund our own "commercials" on TV/Radio how else does our complete message get out there? This is the bind we are in. I agree with you- but it's hard and too many people choose not to get involved.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2007 at 3:25pm
Does anyone personally know any local broadcasters?

It appears that the local news departments only investigate issues that can capture the hearts and minds of viewers. All they want is more viewership, so isn't this a great topic?

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic